
Banning guns won't work, cause even if people can't buy them, they will just friggin make them.
This guy makes an AK out of a shovel.....
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulle ... mi-warning




Melathys wrote:Besides this...
<pic>
Banning guns won't work, cause even if people can't buy them, they will just friggin make them.
This guy makes an AK out of a shovel.....
Melathys wrote:I'm glad other nations manage to find law enforcement officers who are willing to bring tasers and pepper spray to gun fights, or even knife fights. I want to go home every day too much to risk that, I want to bring a gun to a gun fight. Tasers can be effective, but they are not unbeatable, I've seen videos of guys who manage to slap the barbs off of them before they can shock him much, they fall down, but then get right back up. And some people are straight immune to pepper spray. We had one guy at the academy, when after being sprayed, he opened his eyes and asked when they were going to spray him.
I'm a federal agent, so we get sensitive information regarding certain trends. I can tell you in no uncertain terms that people get creative when it comes to killing/hurting other people. You don't need an extensive knowledge of how guns work to figure out how to fire a bullet at someone.

AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---
The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this...
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .. Allow me to restate that number: 600,000
Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
More men under arms than in Iran .
More than France and Germany combined.
These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin , to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all but a handful will return home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more.
The point?
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.
Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
A friend is a police detective here in New Zealand. I asked her about the issue and she said the police don't want to carry guns, because if they do then the criminals will arm themselves. Police are happy enough to have taser/spray backed up by the shotgun in the car.
Melathys wrote:found this, and I thought it was an interesting idea.
Melathys wrote:Like I said, I'm glad that they can find people willing to endanger themselves like that. Criminals have the benefit of the doubt by knowing that we do not want to hurt them, much less kill them. We don't get that benefit, we have to assume that they want to kill us, because the moment we stop assuming that is the day we don't go home at night. Complacency kills.
bldavis wrote:well that is the reason Japan never invaded
they had talked about it but due to the gun toting nature of the west, they felt it was going to cost too many lives to try it
bldavis wrote:you are comparing different times in the war
when they were considering it is in the planning stages, before pearl harbor
they didnt start kamikazi-ing until we had started pushing them back. (44 i believe is when it started, might have been late 43)
it was more of a desperation tactic. trade 1-4 pilots for an aircraft carrier, carrying thousands of sailors and the launch point for most of our naval might
and when compared to the number of lives that would be lost invading, kamikazi was a drop in the bucket
Melathys wrote:America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.