Flex wrote:... Michonne has shown no character development
Oh, if you meant Michonne is not a strong character in the literary sense, being well developed and interesting etc., then yes, I would agree with you. I thought you meant strong as in physically and/or emotionally strong. Not having read the comic books, I was appalled when Michonne appeared at the end of season 2, as the character just seemed so ridiculously, well, comic book in concept. What I've liked about the TV series is that it managed to immerse me in a post-apocalyptic world, which - while essentially absurd if you think about it (zombie apocalypse) - nonetheless got me to suspend disbelief. A katana wielding character with two zombie pets... ugh. Seeing Rick put on a cape and wear his underpants over his trousers would have been less immersion breaking. More generally, Season 3 seems to be making the zombies less of a threat and introducing more comic book violence, with the group one-shotting them with ease and generally tearing through them like a hot axe through butter. Still, Woodbury seems a formidable new threat for Rick's tiny group.
On an unrelated matter - for anyone interested in the Walking Dead world, I'd recommend the Walking Dead adventure game by Telltale games. They just released the final episode this week. If you think of it as an interactive movie or graphic novel, rather than a game, then you might get a lot of enjoyment from it. I've never been so affected emotionally by a computer game - thanks to wonderful voice acting and story telling, it sets up an incredibly strong surrogate father-daughter relationship. There are parts in it that make "The Killer Within" TV episode feel like light entertainment. The game is 50% off on Steam at the moment. It's only 12 hours of game time, but it's a very moving and memorable - reviews talking about it as the game of the year are not over-hyping it. It's better than the TV series and I am addicted to the TV series.