Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dealing with a Customer in Cyprus.

Shoju
Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:44 am

Dealing with a Customer in Cyprus.

So I have sold some things recently on eBay, going to Cyprus. The person puruchases 2 of them at a time, but only pays for one. They have done this 4 times now, and I'm having a horrible time trying to get them to understand that they are purchasing 2 of them, and that they need to work with me here, to cancel the extra transaction.

They pay for one, I invoice them for the second, get no response, file an unpaid item claim, they still dont' respond, and then I have to finish the unpaid item claim to get my fees back (these aren't cheap items).

Well, if you get so many of the unpaid strieks as a bidder, they will close your account. I don't want to ruin the guys account, but I don't want to get hit for an extra 25 bucks every time he orders.

I'm thinking about trying to contact him in native language, the wiki page says that they speak Greek and Turkish. Anyone know if google's translate is suitable to try and use to try and use for conversation?
Barathorn
Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Dealing with a Customer in Cyprus.

Shoju,

just a heads up that you probably want to check with them which side of the border they are on prior to any lengthy conversations as they tend to be a volatile bunch who get feisty if they are labelled incorrectly. One of my Greek friends is fiercely patriotic and ALWAYS flares up when something minor happens regarding Cyprus. This is how he got the nickname 'Turk'. He loves it.

Alternately, ask them what weather they are experiancing.

Joking aside, tread carefully.
Shoju
Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Dealing with a Customer in Cyprus.

Barathorn wrote:Shoju,

just a heads up that you probably want to check with them which side of the border they are on prior to any lengthy conversations as they tend to be a volatile bunch who get feisty if they are labelled incorrectly. One of my Greek friends is fiercely patriotic and ALWAYS flares up when something minor happens regarding Cyprus. This is how he got the nickname 'Turk'. He loves it.

Alternately, ask them what weather they are experiancing.

Joking aside, tread carefully.


I'm looking at Google Maps, trying to figure it out. The City it's being shipped to is Paralimni, which sounds mildly greek, but looking at the map, seems to be in Turkish "area". I've sent them a message in english (again) trying to determine a way to talk about it with them. I'm hoping that they respond with something... I'm afraid if I have to take the same actioni again, it's going to can their account (It used to be a 3 strikes policy, not sure if it still is)
Fivelives
Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Dealing with a Customer in Cyprus.

Try asking eBay support if there's anything they can do, considering the language barrier? He could just have crappy internet and be double-clicking the button and not understanding the "don't click this button more than once" warning.
Nikachelle
Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Dealing with a Customer in Cyprus.

I have a friend who is from Cyprus. Tell me what you want to say, and I'll have her translate it directly.