Skip to content
Maintankadin

Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Thalia
Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

So we finally got the keys to the store last week...the place is a messsssssss. Will needs lots of fixes. Walls are full of holes, need to take off the carpet and vinyl floor because it smells dusty/moldy. Will be sticking with polished or sealed concrete look. Have to replace all the ceiling tiles because they are disgusting. Have to run internet wire to store...last tenant didn't use internet. Must fix lights at center of store...they don't work.

Lots of work to do, this is what it looks like now:

Image

It's bigger than this, just didn't take the picture from where it starts.

Settled on branding and logo it's set. Not gonna change it now, we have to get the sign made lol.

Image

Will update with pictures as changes come up.
Aubade
Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

I'm free to do some work on weekends If you want some help in re-modeling. I have experience in that sort of thing =].

I think you guys have my #. Gimme a call. Excited to see how it looks
Koatanga
Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Thalia wrote:Image


Not enough Comic Sans.
fuzzygeek
Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Slick logo. I like it a lot.
Nikachelle
Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Koatanga wrote:
Thalia wrote:Image


Not enough Comic Sans.

LOL!

I also like the logo. Good luck guys. Looking forward to update shots!
Fridmarr
Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Oh cool, I was just about to post and see what the status was. Figured I'd stop by with my daughters once you have it open.
Aubade
Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Fridmarr wrote:Oh cool, I was just about to post and see what the status was. Figured I'd stop by with my daughters once you have it open.


You live in the Seattle Area Fridmarr?
Koatanga
Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Have you brokered a deal to carry Maintankadin apparel in the store?
Thalia
Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Koatanga wrote:Have you brokered a deal to carry Maintankadin apparel in the store?


lol I don't' think we are going to sell Maintankadin T-shirts there, just here on this site, really the designs are so super niche. We are looking into licensing though to do some posters from some artwork Aergis and my Cousin have worked on that relate to some comic book characters.

I am excited to see local Maintankadins come visit us, will be awesome to see you guys once we open!

I know this is cutesie, my cousin is 15 but she's awesome, she did this, would be fun for the younger kids who are fans or people who appreciate kawaii stuff:

Image
Fridmarr
Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Aubade wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Oh cool, I was just about to post and see what the status was. Figured I'd stop by with my daughters once you have it open.


You live in the Seattle Area Fridmarr?

Yeah, Federal Way.
bldavis
Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

i wish i lived closer so i could help fix the store up!
(eastern oregon to seattle is a bit of a commute :( )
Aubade
Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Fridmarr wrote:
Aubade wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Oh cool, I was just about to post and see what the status was. Figured I'd stop by with my daughters once you have it open.


You live in the Seattle Area Fridmarr?

Yeah, Federal Way.


hehe, I work less than 10 minutes away from you. And McDuffie just moved to Federal Way, so I drive up there to visit him pretty often.
Fridmarr
Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Sounds like an excuse to drink some beer is forming...
Orthien
Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Love the logo it's looking great. Best of luck with the tidy up and getting things off the ground and open.
Skye1013
Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Fridmarr wrote:Sounds like an excuse to drink some beer is forming...

Since when do people need an excuse? :D

OT: I like the logo, can't see the pics at work though. Glad you guys are making progress :).
Andurin
Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

The logo is awsome :D A reason to go on a holiday in America is slowly forming ^^
Thalia
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Fixed the Light. Just need to put in the rest of the bulbs and the bottom covers so they don't WTF Blind everyone.

Image
Thalia
Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Painted the ceiling white, and painted the areas where slatwall won't be on white. Aergis worked his butt off and pulled out the carpet and padding to leave the floor ready for the concrete grind and seal.

Image
bldavis
Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

lookin good!
Thalia
Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 am

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Floors done, new black floor siding done, took out all the trash and debris to the dump, now for the slatwall.

Image

P.S. Diamond Distributors got us Comic Con tickets, will be awesome, retailer perks and goodies !
Nikachelle
Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

I don't know enough about this stuff, but will the slat wall have gaps in it? (That's what I'm getting out of the name anyway.) The only reason I ask is because you haven't pained the bottom half of the walls... so will that colour show through the slats?
Thalia
Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Ya it has gaps but it has it's own thin board behind it in white, so the gaps will be white. Also there are vinyl inserts of different colors you can use in the slats if you want, but I am not sure if we want to do that, might distract too much from the product. We will be mostly using acrylic, white and black accessories too.
Thalia
Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:55 am

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Slatwall dude is working fast, here is an example, first wall done!!!

Image


Gonna give it a coat of paint too so it matches the white on the wall :)
Nikachelle
Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Thalia wrote:Ya it has gaps but it has it's own thin board behind it in white, so the gaps will be white. Also there are vinyl inserts of different colors you can use in the slats if you want, but I am not sure if we want to do that, might distract too much from the product. We will be mostly using acrylic, white and black accessories too.


Oh okay gotcha. I was worried that the paint was going to show through and be slightly weird looking. End result looks great!
Thalia
Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Alter Ego Collectibles (progression post)

Hehe thanks.

Ya we cut a corner not painting those horrible colors over where we knew the slatwall would just be over them. My shoulders killed me after the end of the first paint day :cry: