Skip to content
Maintankadin

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Kelaan
Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:59 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Invisusira wrote:I am currently running L4s out of Ashokon, which is only two jumps from Arnon (the Sisters of Eve area). I do not run missions against Empire factions, so the only factions you'll be losing standing with are pirates.

:D :D :D

I am totally interested. If I can be on, I'll be in a frigate (likely a Tristan), though my fitting kindof sucks for it; should I try to train for some sort of utility? (My tackling skills are crap.) I'm assuming that speed advantage means I should fit blasters instead of rails, right? I'll have to figure out how to ferry enough of my kit over to the area that I can afford to lose a frigate. Is there a major hub I should be aiming for as a second base of operations? (I'm still in the Gallente navy starting area.)
Invisusira
Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Gallente starting area isn't too far away, fortunately. The Arnon-Dodixie area is a pretty hub-ish area, as well as a trade hub at moon 20 in Dodixie.

Ray and I are running L4s atm, so feel free to join the party!
Invisusira
Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

INTERNET SPACESHIP BATTLE-REPORT

Ray and I ran missions for quite a while last night, and were joined later on by Rakona and Fridmarr. Had a few people that couldn't come because they were only on for a little bit/logged on at the very end (cough Laterna).

Image

Rakona's Legion did some nice DPS, but in the end it was the Merlin that had the Blood Raiders in tears.
Rakona and Fridmarr ended up with about 16m each, and Ray walked away with a cool 56m.
aureon
Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Oh, for who's interested, i routinely buy Gallente LP (not all corps, though) for 800-1000 isk/lp.
Rakona
Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Kelaan wrote:
Invisusira wrote:I am currently running L4s out of Ashokon, which is only two jumps from Arnon (the Sisters of Eve area). I do not run missions against Empire factions, so the only factions you'll be losing standing with are pirates.

:D :D :D

I am totally interested. If I can be on, I'll be in a frigate (likely a Tristan), though my fitting kindof sucks for it; should I try to train for some sort of utility? (My tackling skills are crap.) I'm assuming that speed advantage means I should fit blasters instead of rails, right? I'll have to figure out how to ferry enough of my kit over to the area that I can afford to lose a frigate. Is there a major hub I should be aiming for as a second base of operations? (I'm still in the Gallente navy starting area.)


Just get over there. If I'm on I'll just buy you a frig, and don't fit tackle, just fit fast and for anti-frig duty. When you're small and running missions you have few jobs, but job 1 is killing frig rats, job 2 is running away when anything targets you...

also...yay my picture is up on the board! >.> though I'm kinda impressed how he got the ship to look proper in the pic.

When I have a ship that has a large drone bay, I always carry 5 light armor repair drones just in case...and helps to repair my own drones on the fly if you pull one in and put out a repper to fix damage done from not paying attention.
Rakona
Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Hrobertgar wrote:Actually, I do have a Medium Hull Repairer in my main inventory, but it only repairs like 0.8% (or less) of hull dmg per cycle and at like 30? 50? secs per cycle it is just awfull repairing anything other than minor dmg.

Sometimes I AM afk in EVE for extended periods while in Wow, but if I'm actively playing EVE then I generally don't wan't to cut into my game time too much by repairing; anything past about 15 mins or so max I ususally pay for.


Real men hull tank. (yes, there is a cert for that in game)

Edit:

"This certificate represents an elite level of competence in the infamous practice of "hull tanking". It certifies that the holder can fully use all modules relating to hull tanking. The holder is aware that "real men hull tank", and also that hull tanking is really dumb. With this certificate, you've maximised your ability to rely on your structural systems to absorb damage, although hopefully you're smart enough to know what a daft idea that is."
Invisusira
Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Just for lulz, here's some ship size comparisons from EVE, Star Wars, Star Trek, B5 and Firefly.

Image
Kelaan
Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

You know, for a crew of like eight, the White Star is much bigger than I expected.
Also: awesome chart is awesome.
Invisusira
Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Yeah, I had always assumed it was a smaller ship as well.
aureon
Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Now add a Nyx and an Avatar to the chart =P
Invisusira
Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

I think I'll need a separate chart with a Death Star for that...
Arnock
Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:22 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

He included a babylon 5 ship, I approve.
Invisusira
Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Moar chart, now with larger ships (reload the image):
Image
Lexica_Wildhammer
Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:22 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

I think the Revelation is my favourite ship in game. I love the animated "desktops" they did the other year that feature one.
Skye1013
Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

So... the Galaxy class, Imperial Star Destroyer, DSN, etc. are there for reference, or are they actually playable ships?
Arnock
Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Reference


I would totally fly a star destroyer if I could.
Skye1013
Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:28 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

I was about ready to ask for an invite... as if this thread hasn't slowly been drawing me into the game anyway :lol:
Tev
Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:38 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Forgot the comparison to the death star!
Invisusira
Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:02 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

so uh

apparently the ROTJ death star is fucking massive.

Image
Delphineas
Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Bigger is better?
Dantriges
Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:16 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Yes he is. Don´t know why, though. The first one was perfectly capable of destroying a planet. Ah well, think some of the fans compared it in relation to other objects. Sci FI fans put more effort into that than theorycrafters in finding rotations.

Would beinteresting to compare it to the Independance Day ships. Some physicist stated that these ships never needed weapons to destroy cities, they could have done it via air pressure or so. Don´t know the exact statement, I´ve heard it years ago and could misremember. But it was about that their sheer size is already desctructive.
Tev
Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

I never realized that there was a size difference between the 2, I guess I always assumed the second was going to be like the first, just with, you know, grates over the exhaust ports.

Sidius musta had shitty engineers. "So yeah, they blew up the last one by flying a craft hat was too small for our defenses to hit and dropped a bomb perfectly down an exhaust port. This time were making it even bigger with exhaust port big enough to fly a ship into, that should solve the problem". Ok, admittedly I don't think they were technically exhaust ports in the RotJ, but it still begs the question, wtf were they there.
aureon
Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:54 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

it's still not as big as moon, though!
our moon has a 400k km diameter.
Treck
Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:45 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

400k km?
More like 4k km (earth has 13k km ish)
400k km is about the distance between the moon and earth.

If invis pic is scaled right, the Deathstar mark 2 should be about 600 kilometers in diameter.
It still takes 6-7 Deathstars lined up to meassure the size of our moon tho.

Also in the movies they say its a "small moon", but even then its barely half as big as the smaller moons (worth mentioning) in the solar system.