Invisusira
Mon May 31, 2010 6:31 pm
The Air Conditioner Thread
My air conditioner feels amazing right now.

7k for an AC compressor? Unless your house is like 10,000 square feet or you live in hell, that seems really really high.faithlessnub wrote:central air, though compressor is broken and it costs $7000 to fix, thank goodness it is only May
but all the flowers are in bloom and i hate allergies thanks to having all the windows open
Nikachelle wrote:I used to have central air in every single apartment I had... but this new one doesn't have it. So I had to buy a window unit, even though I secretly always turned my nose up at them.
OMG they are so much better than I thought!
Arnock wrote:Nikachelle wrote:I used to have central air in every single apartment I had... but this new one doesn't have it. So I had to buy a window unit, even though I secretly always turned my nose up at them.
OMG they are so much better than I thought!
In my old house (which was admittedly not designed for central air, being over 100 years old) the electric bill actually increased when the switch was made from window units to central.
Daeren wrote:Air conditioner? I live in Norway!!!!
Barathorn wrote:Daeren wrote:Air conditioner? I live in Norway!!!!
I believe Invis missed a letter out, this is in fact a thread about man grooming and hAir conditioner.
Have you finally burnt that beenie and decided to get in touch with you hair Invis? Must be the influence of the consort.
Air conditioning, you are lucky to have it.
Fridmarr wrote:7k for an AC compressor? Unless your house is like 10,000 square feet or you live in hell, that seems really really high.faithlessnub wrote:central air, though compressor is broken and it costs $7000 to fix, thank goodness it is only May
but all the flowers are in bloom and i hate allergies thanks to having all the windows open
mew wrote:I once lived in a horrible unclean nerd apartment. We were retarded and decided that to save money we wouldn't run the AC. We all played WoW all day long and had over 7 computers in the living room, in the summer I used to have to take a break from WoW to go outside and cool off. Needless to say, I am never doing that again. I think if I didn't have AC I would just sprawl out on the floor and lie there all day long.
I hate summerMy almost-20 year old car's AC doesn't kick in until at least 20 minutes of driving.
Window ACs aren't bad. They get the job done.