Skip to content
Maintankadin

LF Droid Headphones (now with poll!)

Baelor
Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 pm

LF Droid Headphones (now with poll!)

I've been nosing around the interwebs for a set of headphones with mic to use with my Droid. Haven't had much luck locating exactly what I want, was hoping the Maintankadin community might help. Here's what I'm looking for:
    Comfortable - preferable earclip / sportclip
    Has a microphone
    Compatible with Motorola Droid
    Answer/ignore call button and volume control a plus

The major sticking point seems to be finding an earclip set with a mic that's portable. I can't find those specs.

Help!
cerwillis
Wed May 05, 2010 10:51 am

Re: LF Droid Headphones

Not sure how you feel about earbuds, but Skull Candy Full Metal Jackets are the best sounding headphones I've ever owned. Their entire line is a bit odd-looking, but if sound quality is important to you, I'd consider them.
Melathys
Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 am

Re: LF Droid Headphones

I like Ultimate Ears. I have a set with a mic. They don't have the bass of some, but the clarity is unmatched. You hear things that you never heard before.
Baelor
Mon May 10, 2010 10:21 am

Re: LF Droid Headphones

cerwillis wrote:Not sure how you feel about earbuds, but Skull Candy Full Metal Jackets are the best sounding headphones I've ever owned. Their entire line is a bit odd-looking, but if sound quality is important to you, I'd consider them.

Cerwillis - are the Skullcandy FMJ's compatible with Android phones? I know it specifically says it's compatible with iPhone, but I want to be sure that the call answer button will work with my Droid.
cerwillis
Mon May 10, 2010 10:39 am

Re: LF Droid Headphones

Baelor wrote:
cerwillis wrote:Not sure how you feel about earbuds, but Skull Candy Full Metal Jackets are the best sounding headphones I've ever owned. Their entire line is a bit odd-looking, but if sound quality is important to you, I'd consider them.

Cerwillis - are the Skullcandy FMJ's compatible with Android phones? I know it specifically says it's compatible with iPhone, but I want to be sure that the call answer button will work with my Droid.

I gotta say, I don't know for certain, as I use them for my iphone. I guess the question would be if the ports on androids and iphones use the same plugs, and I'm not sure if they do or not.
cerwillis
Mon May 10, 2010 10:49 am

Re: LF Droid Headphones

I just tested with my co-workers droid phone, and they work well.
Baelor
Mon May 10, 2010 10:55 am

Re: LF Droid Headphones

cerwillis wrote:I just tested with my co-workers droid phone, and they work well.

Woot, thanks Cerwillis. I was actually looking at the FMJ's when I realized I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Melathys - I had no idea that Logitech made this product! They are now on the list of things I'm interested in. Thanks for the heads up.
Aubade
Mon May 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Re: LF Droid Headphones (now with poll!)

There seems to be a missing option.
Baelor
Mon May 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: LF Droid Headphones (now with poll!)

Aubade wrote:There seems to be a missing option.

CBH wrapped around my head is only a sometimes thing, Aubade. Also, I can't plug them into my phone.
Melathys
Mon May 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: LF Droid Headphones (now with poll!)

another thing i like about ultimate ears, is they are designed for the cord to be replaceable. which is good since i got a $200 set. If i jack up the cord, I can just get a new one and not be screwed out of the amazing earpieces.