Skip to content
Maintankadin

self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Minnerva
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 am

self test of life style spiralling out of control.

First week of being unemployed, it seems that i started having a bit of cracks in my life style already. today i was walking into my room and found that my desk was not cleared up from last night. most of the resumes and notes were still on the desk, I am used to cleaning everything before i go to bed. any way to test to see if not finding a job is starting to get to me?
Aubade
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:13 am

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Hmm, I don't think so Minnerva. Just keep at it, the job market isn't as bad as the media is trying to hype up, Just keep looking and you'll find a good job out there!

And your desk.. Well that's just stress and laziness =]
Enkal
Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:49 am

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

that kind of desk is what I call "organised chaos".. all my desks look like that. ^^

It's a state of mind.

You'll find a new job, dont worry. :D
Barathorn
Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:20 am

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

If the routine of work is not there then you might consider short term voluntary work to keep yourself sane. It also looks very good on a C.V and shows that you aren't prepared to sit around doing nothing while you search for a job.

Best of luck finding a job!

Barathorn
crazyharry
Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:54 am

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Minnerva wrote:First week of being unemployed, it seems that i started having a bit of cracks in my life style already. today i was walking into my room and found that my desk was not cleared up from last night. most of the resumes and notes were still on the desk, I am used to cleaning everything before i go to bed. any way to test to see if not finding a job is starting to get to me?


A week! try being off work for 2 years, I think I actually have gone insane. I can barely remember what day of the week it is most of the time.

My computer desk has gone from immacuate to 'I'm sure it's under that pile of crap somewhere'.
Snake-Aes
Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

crazyharry wrote:
Minnerva wrote:First week of being unemployed, it seems that i started having a bit of cracks in my life style already. today i was walking into my room and found that my desk was not cleared up from last night. most of the resumes and notes were still on the desk, I am used to cleaning everything before i go to bed. any way to test to see if not finding a job is starting to get to me?


A week! try being off work for 2 years, I think I actually have gone insane. I can barely remember what day of the week it is most of the time.

My computer desk has gone from immacuate to 'I'm sure it's under that pile of crap somewhere'.

MY desks are piles of crap by default, and i'm employed since 2005 without a single minute of interruption.

I fear for my unemployed desk.

Or maybe not. It's a state of mind. The Art of Cleanliness...Or The Lack Thereof.
Enkal
Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

A friend of mines father has a chaotic desk, it's perfect for him. His wife cannot think unless her desk is clean and everything is perfectly aligned, she also cannot for her life understand how someone can work or even think properly with a messy desk, hence why she decided to clean his desk one day when he wasnt at home... not really a good idea.. :roll:

States of mind.

Maybe after this week you've seen the golden light of organised chaos! ;) It's good enough to know that what you're looking for is in the pile to the far left and definatly not in the third pile on the right. :mrgreen:
Snake-Aes
Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Enkal wrote:A friend of mines father has a chaotic desk, it's perfect for him. His wife cannot think unless her desk is clean and everything is perfectly aligned, she also cannot for her life understand how someone can work or even think properly with a messy desk, hence why she decided to clean his desk one day when he wasnt at home... not really a good idea.. :roll:
This. A million times this. A million, squared, cubed then elevated to itself. Probably more.

My mess is how I think. Clean my desk, and you have removed my frontal lobe.
Vanifae
Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Minnerva wrote:First week of being unemployed, it seems that i started having a bit of cracks in my life style already. today i was walking into my room and found that my desk was not cleared up from last night. most of the resumes and notes were still on the desk, I am used to cleaning everything before i go to bed. any way to test to see if not finding a job is starting to get to me?

Short answer is no.
Lumennon
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Minnerva wrote:First week of being unemployed, it seems that i started having a bit of cracks in my life style already. today i was walking into my room and found that my desk was not cleared up from last night. most of the resumes and notes were still on the desk, I am used to cleaning everything before i go to bed. any way to test to see if not finding a job is starting to get to me?


I am in the exact same situation right now. And yes, it IS probably getting to you. It's starting to tear away at your sanity and your intelligence. Slowly but steadily, you will change into a festering glutton of unemployed...ness.

Nah, you'll be fine. Clean up your damn desk. ;)
Nikachelle
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

You think that not cleaning up your desk from ONE night is a sign you're going insane?

Christ... I should've been committed by now.
Snake-Aes
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Lumennon wrote:
Minnerva wrote:First week of being unemployed, it seems that i started having a bit of cracks in my life style already. today i was walking into my room and found that my desk was not cleared up from last night. most of the resumes and notes were still on the desk, I am used to cleaning everything before i go to bed. any way to test to see if not finding a job is starting to get to me?


I am in the exact same situation right now. And yes, it IS probably getting to you. It's starting to tear away at your sanity and your intelligence. Slowly but steadily, you will change into a festering glutton of unemployed...ness.

Nah, you'll be fine. Clean up your damn desk. ;)

Turns out Minnerva is an Otyugh.
Enkal
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Snake-Aes wrote:
Enkal wrote:A friend of mines father has a chaotic desk, it's perfect for him. His wife cannot think unless her desk is clean and everything is perfectly aligned, she also cannot for her life understand how someone can work or even think properly with a messy desk, hence why she decided to clean his desk one day when he wasnt at home... not really a good idea.. :roll:
This. A million times this. A million, squared, cubed then elevated to itself. Probably more.

My mess is how I think. Clean my desk, and you have removed my frontal lobe.


I work at a lab where most of us need messy desks, considering we work with many different things at once. Imagine the reaction when the call came for ppl to clean their desks and only keep one folder at a time. Needless to say, noone did it. ;)

Desk cleaniness has nothing to do with sanity unless you measure your eraser position using a micrometer... *twitch* ... that's a sign of insanity. :P
Vanifae
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Nikachelle wrote:You think that not cleaning up your desk from ONE night is a sign you're going insane?

Christ... I should've been committed by now.

You must remember Minnerva is not a normal person.

She may in fact be a cylon or an anime character come to life.
Snake-Aes
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: self test of life style spiralling out of control.

Enkal wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Enkal wrote:A friend of mines father has a chaotic desk, it's perfect for him. His wife cannot think unless her desk is clean and everything is perfectly aligned, she also cannot for her life understand how someone can work or even think properly with a messy desk, hence why she decided to clean his desk one day when he wasnt at home... not really a good idea.. :roll:
This. A million times this. A million, squared, cubed then elevated to itself. Probably more.

My mess is how I think. Clean my desk, and you have removed my frontal lobe.


I work at a lab where most of us need messy desks, considering we work with many different things at once. Imagine the reaction when the call came for ppl to clean their desks and only keep one folder at a time. Needless to say, noone did it. ;)

Desk cleaniness has nothing to do with sanity unless you measure your eraser position using a micrometer... *twitch* ... that's a sign of insanity. :P

I'm talking about the organization. Even when All on the table is paper people call the mess dirty.