Skip to content
Maintankadin

Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Shoju
Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 am

Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Ok, So starting early last week, I could no longer see Maintankadin from work anymore. I get a connection interrupted error.

I know that the site hasn't been blocked because I'm the IT guy, and it would have to go through me (no one else there has ANY CLUE how to work a router/firewall/etc..)


Any idea what it could be?

Windows XP
TWC cable connection
Linksys router.

It's sad that I can't read while working. It's one of the few nonwork things I could do.
firstamendme
Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:21 am

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

I was coming here to post something very similar (odd). Last week I stopped being able to see maintankadin at work, but everything else works. WoW.com, myspace/facebook, theonion, thinkgeek, newgrounds, etc...

I don't get a blocked message, but this same mysterious connection interrupted error. Very odd indeed.
Arnock
Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:52 am

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

firstamendme wrote:I was coming here to post something very similar (odd). Last week I stopped being able to see maintankadin at work, but everything else works. WoW.com, myspace/facebook, theonion, thinkgeek, newgrounds, etc...

I don't get a blocked message, but this same mysterious connection interrupted error. Very odd indeed.



Something similar happened to me, I was unable to connect for like a week, I thought the site was down, but then my power went out and I was able to go to maintankadin after it came back on.

So maybe try resetting the modem/router? might not be the best idea being a job-related one.
Gladia
Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:26 am

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

i get the same thing, worked today, till about 2 pm mst, then just stopped. i get a network error, like the entire site is down, yet i can get to it via my phone, so i know its not. maybe the hosting service just hates our isps... I know for a fact that its not blocked since the firewall team plays wow, i wouldnt be surprised if i could log in from work and play, lol.

maybe ill ask them and see what they think.
Fivelives
Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

So maybe try resetting the modem/router? might not be the best idea being a job-related one.


Screw the users, the IT guy's web browsing must not be hindered!
Dorvan
Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:06 am

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

I've had the same thing happening to me for the past week or so. I can't access maintankadin from my house unless I go through a proxy, works fine from work. Still ongoing.
Corpsicle
Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:09 am

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

This is apparently not a unique problem, based on a thread from tankspot.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/5217 ... kadin.html

It is apparently also happening with the achievement site that aergis posted a link to in the general sub forum here.
Shoju
Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

So the problem has worsened for me. In the second week of the problem, I now can't consistently get here from home. I was able to this morning, and that was the first time in 2 days, and the last time I was here, I was only able to view the front page of the forums, anything past that, and I wasn't able to do anything. I tried it from a friends house as well.

I've reset all the modems and routers on my end, even setting the one at work back to factory settings (it needed done anyway) and still my connection blows.

I'm feeling confident that it is not a user end problem at this point. I'm experiencing the problem from 4 modem/router combinations. Both connections at work, my home, and my friends home. The only commonality to it is Time Warner Cable internet service.
Shoju
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

And in the same day, it has seemingly gotten better. I figured I would give it one last try (to save myself from the depths of the official forums) and low and behold we are working.


I don't know what has changed, but I have been able to load, login, logout, view threads, and now post.
Marwan
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Yup, seems like the issue has been fixed.

It seems like a bunch of people on here were having the same problem and it has since started working again for myself and a bunch of others.
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

I get this issue occasionally from work, but it usually is resolved after about 15 minutes.
Lore
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

From the sound of things this is probably a DNS cache issue (which is why resetting routers and such is working for some people).

Windows users can try opening up command prompt and typing: ipconfig /flushdns

Not sure how to do it on a Mac.
AergisAergis's avatar
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Our server host had his servers hacked last week. Apareantly someone was targeting all the canadian sites.... ( I'm not kidding ).
Since then he has been... Overzealous at security imo. I've been blocked from ALL my sites, including email, only getting 403 errors.

I've been asking him to back off, that security at the cost of usability is pointless, but he's being pretty paranoid.
Don't worry though, we'll be moving to a new server soon with a few new site surprises coming in the next week or so.
Lore
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

I demand hello kitty.
Snake-Aes
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Lore wrote:I demand hello kitty.

Or Spongebob.