Skip to content
Maintankadin

Resident evil 5, racist or not racist game?

Minnerva
Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 am

Resident evil 5, racist or not racist game?

No. You know the forum rules. Barathorn
Alanshue
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 am
Penny arcade has already asked this question:

Image

If it's set in Africa, then there are going to be African people, it would be stupid otherwise. I am not black, so I've never really experienced racism first hand before, but I don't believe this is all that racist, if you want to be equal then you will get turn into a zombie and killed with a shotgun, just like everyone else.

I am not trying to put play down any possibilities of racism, and if there is something depicted that is racist I will condemn it, however, if they are just normal depictions of the undead but with different colour skin, then I have no problem with it.
Extracrispy
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 am
Zombies don't pay attention to skin color when they're eating people. Why should we treat them any differently?
Levantine
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 am
Lol, I was just about to post a comment saying something along the lines of 'Zombies are an equal opportunity employer' or 'Isn't it more racist that there haven't been any black zombies in the past?'.
TheBelloc
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 am
It's...A video game. Short people don't get bent out of shape about us running around and killing gnomes in WoW. Why should this be any different?

EDIT: Oh, and look at GTA San Andreas. Or GTA4. In SA, we had Carl Johnson, a gangbanger from the hood shootin' up all sorts of folk. It wasn't racist, though. It was a video game. In GTA4, we had Niko Bellic who was Eastern European, and it was still just fine for him to go about tearin' the neighborhood down.

I find the people that bitch most about racism are the racist ones themselves. I had this happen to me a lot in highschool, actually. I was in JROTC and I was a rather higher ranking member of the corps. So, I was naturally in charge. When I told people what to do that weren't my particular skin colour, I was deemed to be racist. To which I turned to my friends, who were not my skin colour, and I asked them if I was racist. They laughed and said no, I was an asshole.
Barathorn
Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 am
No.

We don't need discussion about this topic here, game related or not and its best to keep your opinions to yourself on matters such as these.

Stop making stupid posts about issues that could offend please.
guillex
Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:53 am
So stern, yet so durned nice about it!