Skip to content
Maintankadin

Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

razul
Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

well that explains my last few fights...
Candiru
Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:01 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

I've tried making a boiling blood / release seal / retreat / skull greaves short deck. Its pretty brutally effective, but loses to spirit rather easily!
razul
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

hmm, its been a while since anyone posted here, but hopefully people are still around. I'm thinking of making a new alt soon and was wondering if anyone doing the same wanted to trade apprentices?
Passionario
Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Any ideas on how to handle the latest dungeons?
Jabari
Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Passionario wrote:Any ideas on how to handle the latest dungeons?


Step 1: Get full sets of Energy Bloom (Frost Fortress), Accoutrement of Misery (Prelex), and Crystalline Ice (Last Echo). Untie Threads (Bitter Nourishment) helps too, but isn't necessary.

Scorching Sands is pretty easy but you MUST have "self -aura" to do fight 2. Heh - self-purge works too I guess, so Kyud's Analyzer would be fine too *laugh* Fight 3 is figuring out how to knock all the various effects off of the storm - it's a pretty cool concept for a fight.

Solace in Solitude is harder, especially fight 2. I've been doing both fights 1 and 2 with an aura-deck (crystal of dawn, etc), but they have to be tweaked differently. Fight 4 is hard too - tons of cumulative armor and some way to damage him, but can't use auras.
Passionario
Tue May 03, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Jabari wrote:Scorching Sands is pretty easy but you MUST have "self -aura" to do fight 2. Heh - self-purge works too I guess, so Kyud's Analyzer would be fine too *laugh* Fight 3 is figuring out how to knock all the various effects off of the storm - it's a pretty cool concept for a fight.


Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong, Energy Burst/Analyzer isn't even remotely enough. Guess I'll spend the next month farming a playset of Emphatics. :(
Jabari
Tue May 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Passionario wrote:
Jabari wrote:Scorching Sands is pretty easy but you MUST have "self -aura" to do fight 2. Heh - self-purge works too I guess, so Kyud's Analyzer would be fine too *laugh* Fight 3 is figuring out how to knock all the various effects off of the storm - it's a pretty cool concept for a fight.


Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong, Energy Burst/Analyzer isn't even remotely enough. Guess I'll spend the next month farming a playset of Emphatics. :(


Hmm - it sounds like you're doing something horribly wrong. I don't use Analyzers, only Energy Burst (and Untie Threads for the couple guys that have run Bitter Nourishment).

My notes say: No banes (they all cleanse every turn), No auras (they hurt you), no summons (get reduced). No CPB. Reduce self-aura (Energy Burst, Untie Threads). Lots of EAs are fine, and you don't need a full deck. Non-CPB melee, but +next is fine. Incidental Armor/Ward is good too - stuff like Battle-Forged Lance.

The RNG will still get you every once in a while on this one too. *shrug*

Edit: You need a bit of WP too. Here's my assassin's sample deck:
Selected gear: 58/66 charms
Energy Burst x5
Mach Fist x5
Sonic Blade x5
Kiss of Lesath x1
Photo-Linked Handgrips x2
Mace of the Blessed x4
Glorious Hammer x1
Battle-Molded Axe x5
Battle-Forged Lance x5
Kysin Guardian Blade x5
Dragon Rage x5
Luminous Idea x5
Hilt of Saiph x5
Rapier x5

The epics don't really matter - just big base damage.
Passionario
Thu May 05, 2011 6:41 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Jabari wrote:The epics don't really matter


Hmmm... my lvl44 Warlord's experiences indicate otherwise. :(

Ah well. Maybe I should just try doing it achievement-style, with a shortdeck based on Grip of the Whirlwind, Niflungars and delayed auras. :D
Passionario
Wed May 11, 2011 8:06 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Kysin Keep: Conquered.

Next on the list: WWAMS and hardmode TBN.

Edit:

Passionario masters the skill [Archeological Adventurer] (Rank 3)!
Passionario gains 3 constitution, 3 dexterity, 3 intellect, 3 power, 10 hit points, 1 spirit.
Passionario completes the achievement [Fulfilling a Destiny]
Your wanderings allow you to discover a new place : Kysin Cache: Catacombs of Ashes
Passionario
Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

After sinking about ~800 AP into it, I finally managed to beat WWAMS. Once.
Jabari
Fri May 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Passionario wrote:After sinking about ~800 AP into it, I finally managed to beat WWAMS. Once.


Heh. I take it fight 3 (Lez/Nip, again) is the problem?
(Though you may need to farm some specific things for all 4 fights...)

I do that with a 50-charm deck and have a ton of self-spirit cards.

Lay Bare, Desperate Fortress, and Cocooning Cloak are required, and then the rest should be dual-rune magic damage with as much debuffing (or armor/ward) as you can squeeze in.

Bone Freeze is really good, and stuff like Dancing Flames.

NO EAs!

As far as the others, here are my notes:
- 1: Debuff Rune hits, Cum-WP, lots of damaging EAs. (No banes, avoid auras)
- 2: Cumu-Focus*20, Song Chaos, Blacknerve or Weaver's Gloves (TBN).
- 4: AoE Cumu WP, Will Attraction, Ward Repulsion, Natures's Claw, Tanking.

(Fight 4 is a PITA if you can't use Circle of Hands - Lawful Will by itself is not quite enough)
Passionario
Sat May 28, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Jabari wrote:Heh. I take it fight 3 (Lez/Nip, again) is the problem?


Indeed they are.

I tried using a longish deck with self-spirit, but Lez and Nip invariably tore me apart within the first dozen turns. Finally got lucky with a 30 card setup, 10 of which were self-stuns.

The main problem, as far as I can tell, is Lez's Smothering Shadows (AoE cleanse), since it removes the -next debuff from Years of Experience (and whatever debuffs I've managed to land on Nip). On his immediately following turn, Nip usually stabs me with a Herokiller for a metric ton of pain.

Of course, F4 is even worse, since I'm two and a half months' of daily elixir drinking away from being able to use Circle of Hands. On the kill, I once again got lucky, and managed to extend Lawful Wills a few times via timely Emblems of Support.

(On the brighter side, F2 was a cakewalk, especially once I've figured out that the initial turns of protect granted by the ally at the start of the fight can fuel Jade Gauntlet for cheap 10 turns of cumulative focus)

Jabari wrote:NO EAs!


Actually, on one of my experimental attempts, I found out that it's quite possible to use EAs here:

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/ ... wner/77123

As long as Lez doesn't manage to land a successful Terrorize stun on you or your ally, Plague Hawk doesn't trigger.
Jabari
Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:34 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

The basic deck I use for WWAMS 3:

Gear 'WWAMS 3' By Bloodtooth: (50 charms)

Bone Freeze x5
Permafrost x5
Dawn's Melody x5
Icy Slasher x5
Lay Bare x5
Cocooning Cloak x5
Enhancing Light x5
Void Bolt x5
Nightclaws x5
Desperate Fortress x5

Not 100% obviously, but lots better than anything else I was trying.
Passionario
Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

I suppose I'd better start farming those Cocooning Cloaks, then...

Image
Jabari
Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Passionario wrote:I suppose I'd better start farming those Cocooning Cloaks, then...


You mean "I suppose I'd better start farming those Wriggling Larva", right? :)

Those drop from Fight 3, but very, very rarely. Take 2 of those, go to Night Tear (for crafting mats), then to Eversweep and craft Ardent Abominations with them (after getting yet a couple more Loyalties from KoNM).

Then, get 2 more of the Larvae, and craft 2 Purifying Larva there in Gaea's Dawn (mats are in Lumina next door).

On fight 4, put those 4 summons in your deck - if at least one of each is active when the Succubus uses a certain charm, it triggers a combo that gives you the last achievement for that dungeon, and a [Vital Force]. 2 of each gets the combo most of the time, but not always.

*whew*

Now, gather in Gaea's Dawn to open up a new shop with much cool stuff. It lets you convert pebble types - for example, you can change a Small Amber Rubble to a Tiny Emerald Shards. Mats are a [Vital Force] (see above) and 3 PvP gems of the color you're changing the pebble to.
Passionario
Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:06 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Tried a 'Shokiaidonk'-powered squad in action (with the remaining members of the team running Battle Dance gears), and now I see that their fearsome reputation is well deserved. They tear through lvl50-52 opponents like Saurfang Sr. on a bad hair day. :D

BRB, rolling a dozen Champion alts for the remaining squads...
Candiru
Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Just tried scorching sands, I did the first 2 fights fine, having trouble with the last fight. Haven't worked out how to remove the -ward debuff yet. I have some ideas and will try them later! [Edit, solved it :) Horray! Big hint is that the effects of each curse try to prevent you from breaking a different one.]

For fight 2, I found it rather hard until I thought objectively about it. What kills you? Slow, aura dots, no spirit damage. What shortdeck deals astronomical amounts of damage in a short time, and would be boosted by all the auras? BoilingBlood +next/EA shortdeck with EnergyBursts thrown in. Completely slaughtered it first time I tried that :) The delayed auras keep the EnergyBursts powerful while stripping off all the bad auras and turning them into +next, the EA stacking means you are dizzy half the time and so the auras don't hurt you! I stuck some forest medicine's in to try to lower the bane damage a bit.

Energy Burst x5
Untie Threads x4
Lightning Spike x1
Release Seal x5
Skull Greaves x5
Boiling Blood x5
Retreat x5
Mach Fist x5
Rapier x5
Honor Thrust x2
Luminous Idea x5
Fist of Hades x5
Mace of the Blessed x5
Forest Medicine x4

Is what I used. Probably should have swapped the Mace of the Blessed out for QuickBlades though.
Passionario
Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Candiru wrote:the EA stacking means you are dizzy half the time and so the auras don't hurt you!

Brilliant.
Viskahn
Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:49 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Could anyone give me a quick rundown on how to start opening up the secret forges etc?
Passionario
Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Viskahn wrote:Could anyone give me a quick rundown on how to start opening up the secret forges etc?

Beat the following dungeon/event fights while playing Kyud's Analyzer at least once during the fight:

- Burden of Faith F4
- King of No Man F4
- Murder of Prelex F2
- Salamath's Lab
- Polluted Cave

Each fight will drop a gray item that will allow you to find the corresponding Antechamber (and has hints where to find it).
Go to that city, gather, beat the Antechamber event, gather again, and you'll find the Forge.
Viskahn
Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:27 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Nice one, only done two of those fights so far but it's a start
Passionario
Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:08 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Feel free to siege the hell out Shadow Song Goblin Tribe; we moved our mains to TSO and left a skeleton crew of semi-failed alts behind.
Candiru
Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:38 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Yay, managed to do the High Trial of Transcendence :) Clearing burdens of faith easily now, although the Brother's are a bit of an AP sink.

Where should I head next, Call of Conscience?
Jabari
Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

Call of Conscience and Dark Tide are the next two. Either order is fine, though you may need to farm a few things for Dark Tide 4. Call of Conscience 2 requires some Summon Reducers (Word of Solitude is fine and easy to craft).

@Passionario: You shoulda told me you were looking to move! ~Rel~ has kinda outlived its usefulness - we got them from ~1800 guild rating up to 2400-ish, but we're pretty much stuck now. Not too many people active (4 people, probably about 15 characters, if that). I keep debating with myself whether to jump ship and join up with someone else - TSO might be too big now (and couldn't absorb all of us). Maybe Real Charmers - they're still smaller and a little lower on the scale. Hmm...

(and I'd have to do something with the 18K GHP that we've collected :lol:)
Candiru
Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up

There are only about 5 of us active in MTE guild, so we could possibly jump ship somewhere too if it was better. What happens to your GHP if you change guilds, do you lose it all?

I just tried unlocking the forge in Gaia's Dawn, rather hard! I'm guessing you need to do AoE + next magic so the stabilisers destroy the main unit for you, but I can't do more than ~2k damage to the main unit that way, and it has 3.3k health. I only have Fire stone and Deglagration as AoE magic which only uses Kata runes.