Skip to content
Maintankadin

Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Umslapogus
Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

On slayers -

My slayer is at 44 right now and has chosen the other path to that suggested - Pow is my dump stat.

This changes the class totally, since it knocks out a few of the spirit options but gives access to holy and frost. Essentially it is more of a magic build rather than the one suggested (where you end up playiing melee cpb, using class special charms but ignoring lighting except when it is shifting.)

The main disadvantage is that very few people stick to magic, leaving few viable partners to try out wild and wonderful stuff.

http://estiah.aswt.net/index.php?title=Forked_Lightning

has some promise though, I feel, if backed up with cpb magic. Con-dump Melee/shifting is however rather more predictably good so might suit someone who is after raw power.
Jabari
Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Welcome to Page 2 of the Guild list Passionario!

Should I welcome you properly? :twisted:
Passionario
Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

At least have the courtesy of waiting until I get home from vacation. It would be difficult to coordinate a proper defense via randomly stolen WiFi in Wales. :)

(On a semi-related note, we always accept all battle requests and try to reciprocate most of them)
Jabari
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Ok, this tournament was kinda funny (Savnock is my Summoner) - check out each fight:

1. Sav scrapes by with 8 HP left
2. Summoner on Summoner violence, though my deck was quite a bit better.
3. More Summoner on Summoner violence. The other guy ran out of cards, with me at 36 HP. I think I would have gotten him next turn anyway, but it would have been close.

http://www.estiah.com/pvp/coliseum/tournament/id/145676

@Passionario: I was (mostly) kidding, though you guys have jumped up into our "siege these guilds" range pretty quick... :)
Passionario
Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:45 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Jabari wrote:@Passionario: I was (mostly) kidding, though you guys have jumped up into our "siege these guilds" range pretty quick... :)

We got fairly lucky on our last few siege defenses against certain high-ranking guys who came to visit, gaining 30-40 rating per win. That's most likely the reason.
Passionario
Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Team (Passionario, Dijn, Paladin Possessed) is victorious!
Passionario receives charm: [Gloom Knell] (3/5)
Passionario receives item: [Echoing Sorrow]
Passionario receives item: [Xiphoid Demon Claw]
Passionario completes the achievement [With Friends Like These Who Needs Enemies]

Camaraderie, shmamaraderie. :D
Jabari
Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Passionario wrote:
Team (Passionario, Dijn, Paladin Possessed) is victorious!
Passionario receives charm: [Gloom Knell] (3/5)
Passionario receives item: [Echoing Sorrow]
Passionario receives item: [Xiphoid Demon Claw]
Passionario completes the achievement [With Friends Like These Who Needs Enemies]

Camaraderie, shmamaraderie. :D

Heh nice *laugh*

I never bothered to get many of those achievements, should probably start going back through and getting them.

And yes, 1. ... c5 was the best move in that whole game. :lol:
Passionario
Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:07 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

On a related note, what's worth farming/crafting from Prelex, apart from C-Sword and Gloom Knell?

(I'd rather not overstay my welcome in that wonderful and exciting place more than absolutely necessary)
Jabari
Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Passionario wrote:On a related note, what's worth farming/crafting from Prelex, apart from C-Sword and Gloom Knell?

(I'd rather not overstay my welcome in that wonderful and exciting place more than absolutely necessary)


For an INQ, probably just Bittersweet Magic, and maybe the +banes Fist charm.

You'll want to craft a Kyud's Analyzer (Night Tear) and throw it into your Fight 2 deck to open up a Forge since you're there already - the components are all in Zeal and Eclis.

Also, Prelex contributes toward your Demoncrusher epic (50 total clears of Prelex and Dark Tide - check your progress in the Demon Buster Dungeon achievement).

If you're working jobs, you can do the Kysin jobs while you're in Zeal as well (Foreign Languages R1, then Ancient Languages R1) - that's the only place to do those.
Passionario
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Jabari wrote:You'll want to craft a Kyud's Analyzer (Night Tear) and throw it into your Fight 2 deck to open up a Forge since you're there already - the components are all in Zeal and Eclis.

I haven't unlocked Lizina's yet. :(
Jabari
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Passionario wrote:
Jabari wrote:You'll want to craft a Kyud's Analyzer (Night Tear) and throw it into your Fight 2 deck to open up a Forge since you're there already - the components are all in Zeal and Eclis.

I haven't unlocked Lizina's yet. :(


Don't need to - you can go ahead and start opening up the forges early. Won't be able to craft the epics obviously, but you can get the other parts out of the way...
Passionario
Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Jabari wrote:Don't need to - you can go ahead and start opening up the forges early. Won't be able to craft the epics obviously, but you can get the other parts out of the way...


Didn't know that, thanks for the tip. :)

Your wanderings allow you to discover a new place : Forge of Norma
Arjuna
Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

I feel like I'm stuck...

I'm just farming skillups in the arena and from gathering atm...

I need to grab quite a few endbosses from a few dungeons, but I have to gather completely new sets of charms to even try them...


...and i repeatedly fail on that damn wilrynn...
Jabari
Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Arjuna wrote:I feel like I'm stuck...

I'm just farming skillups in the arena and from gathering atm...

I need to grab quite a few endbosses from a few dungeons, but I have to gather completely new sets of charms to even try them...


...and i repeatedly fail on that damn wilrynn...


Just doing Arena skillups is fine - especially if you're hanging out in Night Tear to try to get Charm Alchemist 3 as well - that's a good way to go.

As far as Wilrynn strat, here's the old post for group dungeon strategy:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=19&t=28612&rb_v=viewtopic&start=570#p612514

You need Woeful's Whips (a full set) from King of No Man, and then just 20 other random banes. Not much else to Last Echo.

Passionario wrote:Your wanderings allow you to discover a new place : Forge of Norma

Nice! :)

That was the last one my Paladin unlocked - banes are really the way to go but he couldn't use much (POW-dump). Fate of Acamar (or however it's spelled) is kind of good-looking, eh?
Passionario
Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Jabari wrote:Fate of Acamar (or however it's spelled) is kind of good-looking, eh?


Indeed it is! And Sign of Algorab is quite attractive as well.
Jabari
Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

I just got an epic drop that I hadn't heard of and wasn't expecting:

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/32400253/owner/57175

:lol:

Passionario wrote:
Jabari wrote:Fate of Acamar (or however it's spelled) is kind of good-looking, eh?


Indeed it is! And Sign of Algorab is quite attractive as well.

Yep. The nice thing with those is that they have the same stat requirements. My INQ is getting close - about 40 more DEX and she'll be able to use them. 2 Rubies at the moment, but haven't made the charms yet.

Edit: Hands Off, It's Mine at level 49, with 1700 Armor, 2400 Ward, and 26 WP left over at the end:
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/32427665/owner/67073

Those decks were terrible, but still...
Passionario
Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Today's visit to Triland was quite fruitful:

Passionario completes the achievement [I'm Not One Of "Them"]

Passionario receives item: [Petrified Dragon Egg]
Passionario
Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

One step closer to world domination:

Image
Eaglestrike
Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:21 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

So what guild(s) are the active maintankadin people in these days? I'm not sure how many, if any, people are active in the "official" maintankadin guild. I have a 43 assassin that I'd prefer to have somewhere more active.
Passionario
Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:45 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

I'm in Shadow Song Goblin Tribe (SSGOBT).

Apart from a few IRL friends and WoW guildmates, it is mostly composed of my own alts and those of my wife. :)

(I always wanted to be a multiboxer, but couldn't afford a decent rig to do it in WoW)
Passionario
Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

The new contest is killing my faith in humanity's creativity. :(

(Infusion, Infusion, Spinfliction, Infusion, Infusion, Spirit, Infusion, Infusion, Titan/Absorb, etc.)
Passionario
Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Jabari wrote:Edit: Wheee! :)

Jabari masters the skill [Archeological Adventurer] (Rank 2)!
Jabari gains 2 constitution, 2 dexterity, 2 intellect, 2 power, 25 hit points.
Jabari completes the achievement [Secrets of a Lost Civilization]
Your wanderings allow you to discover a new place : The Godblade

"Only then will you understand: I've been following in your footsteps all along!"

Image
Jabari
Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Very nice! :)

Deckbuilding exercise time! Did you ever put together your BDC/Premonition deck for your champ? I just got the skill and Premonition charms and also Phantom Claws as an experiment:

Selected gear: 55/65 charms

Blood Drake Curse x5
Premonition x5
Vital Point x5
Tremor Punch x5
Phantom Claws x5
Battle Tempo x5
Luminous Idea x5
Skull Greaves x5
Forest Medicine x5
Champion's Crest x5
Night Cloak x5

This is a bit different than the other BDC/Premonition decks - I'm using Tempo and all 3 Fist delayed banes to try to lay down a bunch all in the same turn. Not using the +next delayed auras - only Skull Greaves. (No Boiling Blood either as you can see)

Working ... ok in skirmishes. Not great against Spirit as expected (but not as awful as I thought it'd be). Auto-loss vs Wardens, but oh well.

Any blatant improvements you can see?
Passionario
Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Jabari wrote:Did you ever put together your BDC/Premonition deck for your champ?

Ehhh, I cobbled some patchwork contraption together (didn't have the patience to farm 5-of of each required charm).

It worked decent enough against random PvP opponents who attacked her, but yielded no major coli victories.
Jabari wrote:Any blatant improvements you can see?

Opening?
Jabari
Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Warning!!

Blood Pact just got whacked by the NERF-stick. It now consumes the +2 Bane when you use an EA. (Odd, but that's what they did to it...)