Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Anime Season

Sabindeus
Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:38 am

Re: New Anime Season

It's that playing on RPG tropes plus the adorableness plus the actual solid plot that makes it so good
Klaudandus
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: New Anime Season

An OVA at least.
Klaudandus
Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Attack on Titan is not bad at all.
Sabindeus
Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Oh hello Anime thread. Spring 2013 was amazeballs

Attack on Titan was awesome
Oreimo S2 was hilarious
Valvrave was amazing
Devil Survivor 2 The animation wasn't bad, but it was up against stiff competition so I didn't really stick with it

What'd you guys watch?
Klaudandus
Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: New Anime Season

I'm barely picking Attack on Titan... I started to read the manga and didnt like it much, must be the style... but with nothing else to watch currently...
Sabindeus
Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: New Anime Season

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is visually delicious
Klaudandus
Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: New Anime Season

the manga is the reason why I didnt pick up Attack on Titan much earlier.
fuzzygeek
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: New Anime Season

I'm waiting for batches of all the stuff from this season to come out -- hearing a lot of good things.

My son introduced me to myAnimeList.com the other day and I set up an account and populated it from records and DVD collection and other notes ... I have 484 line items so far. And counting. Yeesh.

Apparently the site is supposed to aggregate your stats, but it hasn't calculated for my account yet. I'm curious how many hours are in that list.
Arjuna
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:45 am

Re: New Anime Season

Nooo, my computer crashed! My laptop only have a small little tiny hdd so I can't really download anime there... :(


...on the other hand, I just saw Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0... pew pew pew boom! :D
Sabindeus
Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:17 am

Re: New Anime Season

fuzzygeek wrote:My son introduced me to myAnimeList.com the other day


wow.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and how old is he?
fuzzygeek
Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: New Anime Season

38/18

Lawn. Get off.
Fivelives
Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: New Anime Season

You forgot your walker, fuzzygeek.
Sabindeus
Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: New Anime Season

:o
Klaudandus
Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Hmm... I wasn't aware that Golden Time had been made into an anime.
Sabindeus
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Oh hey it's this thread!

Let's see what's on TV lately...

Valvrave Season2, awesome

Kill La Kill is amazing. Studio Trigger can have all my babies. <3

Anyone else watching My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy? It's incredibly silly but something about it is keeping me thoroughly entertained.
fuzzygeek
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Anyone watch anything good lately?

We really enjoyed Hataraku Maou-sama! but felt like it ran out of steam towards the end.
Really liked Zetsuen no Tempest a lot too -- I think it's the best thing I've seen in a long while.
Sabindeus
Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Hataraku Maou-sama has the unfortunate position of being an incomplete series adapting an incomplete manga. I enjoyed it and the manga nonetheless though.

Good things I have watched lately:
Valvrave is great
Attack on Titan is amazing
Kill La Kill is ridiculously awesome
Monogatari continues to be the best

man just so much good stuff tbh
Snake-Aes
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Klaudandus wrote:I'm barely picking Attack on Titan... I started to read the manga and didnt like it much, must be the style... but with nothing else to watch currently...
While I like the manga, the anime does a stupendous job at giving off the right vibe about the shit going on. I recommend it!
fuzzygeek
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Monogatari is the one series I watch in "real time" instead of waiting 12-26 weeks for it to end and nabbing the batch. This season has been amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqBM-Y4r9Q


I'm hoping for more Hataraku. The premise is ripe for amazing things, and the characters are a fucking blast. It helps that I have a thing for Emi's VA.
Sagara
Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:32 am

Re: New Anime Season

Started watching Sword Art Online with (read: for) the missus. Nothing huge, it's not quite as braindamaging as .hack// was, but I realize it isn't actually mysterious enough to catch my attention.
fuzzygeek
Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:23 am

Re: New Anime Season

I really enjoyed the first season of SAO. It's a nice departure from bland harems, and the author is unusual in that he actually writes committed relationships. I liked the Kirito/Asuna dynamic, especially how strong Asuna was in her own right, which was largely removed in the second season (she's dealing with her own struggles in the book, but the anime downplays it due to insufficient screen time, or because the producers started meddling and tried catering to siscons or someshit, I suspect).

But I enjoy the world enough that I've read all the translated LNs.
Sabindeus
Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: New Anime Season

fuzzygeek wrote:I really enjoyed the first season of SAO. It's a nice departure from bland harems, and the author is unusual in that he actually writes committed relationships. I liked the Kirito/Asuna dynamic, especially how strong Asuna was in her own right, which was largely removed in the second season (she's dealing with her own struggles in the book, but the anime downplays it due to insufficient screen time, or because the producers started meddling and tried catering to siscons or someshit, I suspect).

But I enjoy the world enough that I've read all the translated LNs.


Yeah the second season really shat all over Asuna and I did not appreciate that.
Arjuna
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Kyoukai no Kanata is rather nice.