Isetnefret
Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:43 pm

TonicTank wrote:Nikachelle wrote:Why is it that people always list the American states they've been to? There's 50 freaking states, no need to list them all. The US, is the US, that's one country. Listing the states... we might as well list all the cities we've been to as well.
A handful of our states are infact as big as your countries. I have been to a ton of cities in europe as well. I could list all the cities I have been to and probably get banned from the forums for an excessive post.
Nikachelle wrote:TonicTank wrote:Nikachelle wrote:Why is it that people always list the American states they've been to? There's 50 freaking states, no need to list them all. The US, is the US, that's one country. Listing the states... we might as well list all the cities we've been to as well.
A handful of our states are infact as big as your countries. I have been to a ton of cities in europe as well. I could list all the cities I have been to and probably get banned from the forums for an excessive post.
My country is Canada, and you don't see me listing the provinces I've been to.
I'm just wondering why this is so typical though. Everyone (or maybe it's just the Americans) list the States they've been to, but nobody lists the provinces they've been to in Canada (or Australia for that matter.)
Snake-Aes wrote:I'm from Brasilia, Brazil. Never left the country. Been to all states south of mine(Goiás, Minas Gerais, Mato Grosso do Sul, Espírito Santo,Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Paraná, Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul).
Isetnefret wrote:The province touches Maine, yes. The city is across a body of water (I can't be assed to remember or look up which one).
Depending on which part of Maine you're in (it's a fairly large state), Quebec the city could be pretty "close".
TonicTank wrote:A handful of our states are infact as big as your countries. I have been to a ton of cities in europe as well. I could list all the cities I have been to and probably get banned from the forums for an excessive post.