Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you drink bottled water?

Rachmaninoff
Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Lightbeard wrote:4 Pages and no one has mentioned grape drink yet?


thought it was grape drank?
Isetnefret
Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:19 am

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Do you know anyone who does drugs? I hope for your sake you've notified authorities immediately so they can remove this threat to society.

Do you imagine that I sit at home and use drugs and torture small animals, since I'm obviously morally bankrupt?

You don't know shit about my values and anything you THINK you can deduce from statements I've made here is wrong.

You're talking about dictators, but The United States of America has no dictator. Australia has no dictator. The bottled water ban in Australia is limited to a local jurisdiction. I'm pretty confident that the entire populace of Australia would tell them where to stick the bottle of water if it was a nation-wide ban.

Likewise, something like this would never pass nation-wide here, because our system of government won't allow unpopular ideas to live for very long.

But by skipping over noble and necessary, and missing those points, I can make assumptions about your values base, since I've seen your thinking process.


Is there anyone else in this group I should know about that actively seeks to make personal attacks? FFS.
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 am

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

This whole thread makes me lol.
Aubade
Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:04 am

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:This whole thread makes me lol.
Lightbeard
Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Aubade wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:This quotes make me lol.
Tinalt
Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:This whole thread makes me lol.


You need to take this more seriously. This is the future of our planet we're talking about here. How will our kids and grand kids be able to live if they're up to their necks in plastic bottles? Won't somebody think of the children?
Aubade
Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Tinalt wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:This whole thread makes me lol.


You need to take this more seriously. This is the future of our planet we're talking about here. How will our kids and grand kids be able to live if they're up to their necks in plastic bottles? Won't somebody think of the children?



Melt em down and reuse em, i'll still buy it =]

And fuck my kids and grandkids, i'm getting fixed.
thegreatheed
Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Isetnefret wrote:
But by skipping over noble and necessary, and missing those points, I can make assumptions about your values base, since I've seen your thinking process.


Is there anyone else in this group I should know about that actively seeks to make personal attacks? FFS.


LOL wut??

Just because I pointed out a flaw in your "logical" thinking, I'm actively seeking to make personal attacks???

L
O
L

Also, saying you have a different values base than I do is in NO WAY a personal attack. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD has a distinct values base. And it affects their thinking and judgment. Merely pointing out that fact is a personal attack?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Arcand
Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

thegreatheed wrote:
Isetnefret wrote:
But by skipping over noble and necessary, and missing those points, I can make assumptions about your values base, since I've seen your thinking process.


Is there anyone else in this group I should know about that actively seeks to make personal attacks? FFS.


LOL wut??

Just because I pointed out a flaw in your "logical" thinking, I'm actively seeking to make personal attacks???

L
O
L

Also, saying you have a different values base than I do is in NO WAY a personal attack. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD has a distinct values base. And it affects their thinking and judgment. Merely pointing out that fact is a personal attack?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA


By making assumptions about something as complex and personal as a person's value system (and I don't think anyone got the impression you'd reached flattering conclusions), based on a couple tiny scraps of data, it looks like you're in a hurry to get to the part where you're standing triumphantly over them, heaping scorn on their ideas. Throwing derision in your follow-up post doesn't do much to dispel the notion either.
Isetnefret
Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

**Edited**

Essentially what Arcand said.
thegreatheed
Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Arcand wrote:By making assumptions about something as complex and personal as a person's value system (and I don't think anyone got the impression you'd reached flattering conclusions), based on a couple tiny scraps of data, it looks like you're in a hurry to get to the part where you're standing triumphantly over them, heaping scorn on their ideas. Throwing derision in your follow-up post doesn't do much to dispel the notion either.



If I can't make semi accurate assumptions based on your thinking process, then you can't make semi accurate assumptions on my "conclusions". You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either I can read into your posts, and you can too, or neither of us can. Calling my interpretation a personal attack, when yours isn't, is what is laughable though.

The fact that you were initially defensive against my conclusions and I'm derisive makes my assumptions and your impressions (just another word for assumptions) probably equally accurate.
Isetnefret
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Please tell me what assumptions I made? I offered precisely ZERO judgments about your personal values.

The bigger issue is that you believe there is ANY degree of accuracy in your assumptions about my personal values, or thinking processes.

I made no such assumptions about you.
thegreatheed
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Isetnefret wrote:
But by skipping over noble and necessary, and missing those points, I can make assumptions about your values base, since I've seen your thinking process.


Is there anyone else in this group I should know about that actively seeks to make personal attacks? FFS.


Right here you made assumptions about my values. You assumed that because I was saying you have a different value system, that I was demeaning yours. Thereby assuming my values base isn't tolerant of yours.

When in fact, I told you that your statements definitely were logical since you have a different value base. Here is my assumption on your values base

me wrote:maybe you take carbon emissions as a more serious harm to a community than a family broken apart by addiction. if that's your values base, then you would see a ban on plastic bottles as more logical than a ban on illegal drugs.


All that statement did was explore the logic behind
you wrote:Indeed, one impacts the person using it, while the other impacts the environment that we all share.


To me, that statement is silly. Because of my values base. To you apparently it is significant, since you led off a reply with it.

I first became derisive after you said
you wrote:You don't know shit about my values and anything you THINK you can deduce from statements I've made here is wrong.


Basically there you just call me stupid and wrong. I'm sorry if I respond dersively to that. It's impossible to have a debate when you tell your opponent, "well you're stupid and wrong". And that's where we stand.

You even assumed I was talking about dictators in that post, when in fact my comments are about a democratic country making "benelovent" fascist decisions. I only mention dictators because it's easier to illustrate points with extreme analogy. Before you go off on the word fascist, I use that word as describing a political decision, group, or ideology that seeks to remove personal freedoms at a high rate. This democratically run town has just removed the right of the entire populace to choose their method of drinking clean water.

You apparently argue for the change because it will help the environment. And thus you would believe so strongly in saving the environment, that you approve of removal personal freedoms in order to accomplish that cause. Obviously, if you were sarcastic in your remarks about "the environment we all share", there's no way I can possibly know that. If so, we all know that pure emotion will never be evident in type. The only thing I can assume is that you're serious. And if I do, it has logical extensions whether you like it or not.

If you don't like the logical extensions, don't pretend your "logical" extensions about me are valid.
thegreatheed
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Do you drink bottled water?

Drathian wrote:Image


hey, i'm at work, tyvm. only engagin in this discussion because it is slightly more interesting than work. i don't waste my keystrokes on it while i'm at home. :)