Isn't the Manx an anomaly that dies in a few years?Melathys wrote:for those that hate cats, get a comprimise. a manx. They are, by nature, more akin to dogs in their attitude towards people. My brother has one, and so does my landlord. They are very much "people" cats.
Though, I have to admit, sometimes I get reminded of their "catness". Don't get me wrong, I love cats to be, you know, cats; but my bare feet while I'm fixing breakfast is not meant for fangs and talons after the cat has stalked me and pounced, lol. But they definately get into lovey moods, and demand a lot of attention. My brothers cat would jump onto my lap and start licking my face...I try to pull away and she claws my cheeks to draw me back for more licking, lol.
found this at some website.Some owners have suggested that Manx babies need to be sold with warning labels attached. The owners know firsthand that love for the Manx can be contagious. Many times, for example, a wife drags a disinterested husband along to a cattery to see a litter of Manx kittens. The husband waits politely, obviously bored, while his wife selects a kitten. A week or two later, the Manx breeder is amused when the wife calls to complain that the husband has been charmed by the beguiling Manx kitten, and now the wife needs another kitten so she can have one too! (The Manx has been called, apparently correctly, the Man's cat that women love.) As a result, few Manx-owning households contain only one Manx.
http://www.manx--cats.com/manx_cat_breed.htm
Snake-Aes
Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:16 pm

