Skip to content
Maintankadin

Random Video Post

Kelaan
Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Random Video Post

That was ... epic. :D
Invisusira
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Random Video Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_h2AjJaMw

PoV of antenna tower workers free-climbing at 1700 feet (~520m) up. (That's taller than the Sears/Willis Tower and close to twice the height of the Eiffel Tower.)
Skye1013
Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Re: Random Video Post

1:26
I can only think it has to be the shoes... that likely weigh more than the kid...
Fivelives
Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Random Video Post

Skye1013 wrote:1:26
I can only think it has to be the shoes... that likely weigh more than the kid...


It's done off MJ's patent for retractable bolts in the floor that match up with slots cut into the heel of the shoes.

http://www.google.com/patents/US5255452

Gotta admit though, kid pulled it off WITH STYLE.
Kelaan
Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Random Video Post

That is .... effing brilliant. :D
Skye1013
Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Random Video Post

Fivelives wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:1:26
I can only think it has to be the shoes... that likely weigh more than the kid...


It's done off MJ's patent for retractable bolts in the floor that match up with slots cut into the heel of the shoes.

http://www.google.com/patents/US5255452

Gotta admit though, kid pulled it off WITH STYLE.

Well now that you've ruined the illusion :cry:

Still think those shoes probably weigh more than the kid :P
Sagara
Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Random Video Post

Kelaan wrote:This might belong in the "Other Games" forum, but ...

Syndicate!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeBcecesVk

I admit I'm looking forward to this.


I saw that and I heard an agent's "affirmative" from waaaaaaay back when. Atlantic accelerator FTW :)

Sadly, I didn't "felt" the Syndicate in that video. Still a damn nice FPS.
Kelaan
Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: Random Video Post

Sagara wrote:I saw that and I heard an agent's "affirmative" from waaaaaaay back when. Atlantic accelerator FTW :)
Sadly, I didn't "felt" the Syndicate in that video. Still a damn nice FPS.

"Persuadertron activated."
Slurp. Slurp. SlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurpSlurp.

(That sounds bad out of context, but the Persuadertron was the device that mind controlled people near you ... and the more you had, the better it worked. ;) I pretty much beat nearly all the game by amassing massive herds of people.)

I like that it's continuing the lore, the fictional universe (I guess) of Syndicate. Of course it's a Shadowrun ripoff, but it's like hyper-Shadowrun: not only are there powerful corps, but there are no national governments left to do much either. (Or, that's how I interpreted the old game.) I don't care quite as much that it's first-person (that is, it doesn't bother me). It looks similar in many ways to Deus Ex, of course, but I am OK with that. Moar Cyberpunk Please. :D
Sagara
Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Random Video Post

Be an agent all you like, I'll stay in my blimp and be the Exec', mmkay? ;-)

*activates adrenal injector* Now go. There's a mayor that disapproves of Eurocorps.
Kelaan
Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Random Video Post

Affirmative.





>_>
;)