Skip to content
Maintankadin

Relationships

Barathorn
Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Re: Relationships

Black Sails. Good apart from the perfect teeth. This annoys me.
Nikachelle
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Relationships

Sab decided he was going to let his friend get married the weekend we're going to New York City, Kat! How very dare he!
Era
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Relationships

Whoa, long time no see!
Nikachelle
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:48 am

Re: Relationships

Era wrote:Whoa, long time no see!

Still alive! :)

Just... never went back to WoW (think it's coming on two years now), so there really wasn't much to post about on here.
Njall
Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Relationships

Hello Sailor! Yes, I only just came back. What are you doing other than WoW?

Njall
Nikachelle
Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:28 am

Re: Relationships

Njall wrote:Hello Sailor! Yes, I only just came back. What are you doing other than WoW?

Njall


Lord what have I done since WoW...

-several trips: New York City, Baltimore (to visit Kat), Prague (with Kat), more recently Florida
-started a makeup blog (http://www.makeup-your-mind.net)... although you guys are REALLY not the target audience
-Dropped forty pounds
-A lot of sports (soccer, Ultimate, running)
-And I run a lotttt of races

Edit: NJALL, YOU NEED TO QUOTE PEOPLE. I thought you were asking me what I had done... And then I re-read it just now and was like "oh OTHER than WoW... and yep... he's not talking to me..."
Snake-Aes
Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Relationships

Nice to see you still alive, Nika. Quite a bit happened, although I guess little was said.
Snake-Aes
Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:42 am

Re: Relationships

Image
? wait, nevermind.
Barathorn
Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: Relationships

Badgers.

Move along.
Era
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Relationships

Badgers aside, and moving along as instructed - Nika, you might remember I was trying to decide whether to go to Canada or Japan and then landed on Japan - but guess what? I ended up with a Canadian roomate! What are the odds??

Hilarious fellow from Sa.. Satch... Saskatchewan. Also known as "The Worst Place", according to him. :p He looks exactly like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad, and ... Well, kinda is a lot like him too. But yeah, overall great dude. Only lived with him for a couple of weeks before I moved out to a private apartment, but stayed in touch.

EDIT: Friendships are also relationships! Right?
Arnock
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Relationships

It's mildly depressing to see most of your friends getting engaged or married when you're alone.

Doesn't make it any better when you've grown so far apart from those friends that you don't hear about it until you see the facebook notification pop up.
Nikachelle
Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:34 am

Re: Relationships

Era wrote:Badgers aside, and moving along as instructed - Nika, you might remember I was trying to decide whether to go to Canada or Japan and then landed on Japan - but guess what? I ended up with a Canadian roomate! What are the odds??

Hilarious fellow from Sa.. Satch... Saskatchewan. Also known as "The Worst Place", according to him. :p He looks exactly like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad, and ... Well, kinda is a lot like him too. But yeah, overall great dude. Only lived with him for a couple of weeks before I moved out to a private apartment, but stayed in touch.

EDIT: Friendships are also relationships! Right?

I've never been to Saskatchewan - I can't imagine there's much out there tbh. Other than... wheat fields.

Also, you need to post a picture of your roommate now. I have a deepseated crush on Aaron Paul (aka Jesse Pinkman) and now I demand photographic proof of your roommate's likeness.
Nikachelle
Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:35 am

Re: Relationships

Arnock wrote:It's mildly depressing to see most of your friends getting engaged or married when you're alone.

Doesn't make it any better when you've grown so far apart from those friends that you don't hear about it until you see the facebook notification pop up.

Facebook and social media are the worst for that. Keep in mind that you have zero idea what is happening behind the scenes that they're ashamed/too embarrassed to post about. There's a lot more behind the scenes that anyone ever knows.
Arnock
Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:24 am

Re: Relationships

Nikachelle wrote:
Arnock wrote:It's mildly depressing to see most of your friends getting engaged or married when you're alone.

Doesn't make it any better when you've grown so far apart from those friends that you don't hear about it until you see the facebook notification pop up.

Facebook and social media are the worst for that. Keep in mind that you have zero idea what is happening behind the scenes that they're ashamed/too embarrassed to post about. There's a lot more behind the scenes that anyone ever knows.



Oh, I'm well aware of that.

I'm more bothered by the fact that these were friends that I used to be very close with, and I probably would have heard about engagement plans long before a public announcement on social media.

Just a bit of a wake-up call as to how little of a social life I have, now.
Era
Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Re: Relationships

Nikachelle wrote:I've never been to Saskatchewan - I can't imagine there's much out there tbh. Other than... wheat fields.

Also, you need to post a picture of your roommate now. I have a deepseated crush on Aaron Paul (aka Jesse Pinkman) and now I demand photographic proof of your roommate's likeness.


I'll PM you a picture, haha :lol: Don't want to go about randomly posting pics of him on the great interwebs.
Snake-Aes
Fri May 01, 2015 9:45 am

Re: Relationships

And the door revolves. All those chicks from before? All gone. One got interested in a friend of mine but wanted to be monogamous about it, another went full stockholm to her previous boyfriend (i should have seen it... oh well. She'd be better off single, sadly), the crazy one finally stopped bothering me about that and is actually a good friend. And now another one arrives.
We met totally randomically... A friend that was out of town came to the uni visit me & a couple others. Then another friend (the girl) that just got in the uni came by to see him for what would have amounted to a couple minutes. But lo, there I was, and the group started chatting about all the things and more people came and before anyone realized it was dark, we were nearly twenty people, we had traded numbers because I just knew I had two of the books she'd need for her classes, everyone gave me funny looks and a month later we are dating and things are happening at a FULL POWER TOTAL ANNIHILATION pace. I'm nervous.

Apparently, every one of my friends noticed we wanted to get into each other's pants before we realized it ourselves. Still in the middle of the magic to make clear judgments, but even looking just at facts about how we talk, argue and screw, this relationship shows more promise than any other before.
Era
Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 am

Re: Relationships

Snake-Aes wrote:things are happening at a FULL POWER TOTAL ANNIHILATION pace. I'm nervous.


As a person who prefers to take things slowly, in a well thought out and planned manner, that is EXACTLY how I felt at the beginning of my current relationship. I came to Japan and knew I had to go back after 5-6 months, so I wasn't looking for anything serious. And then BAM FULL POWER TOTAL ANNIHILATION and eight months later here we are. Still together and probably moving to Japan on a more semi-permanent basis (for a couple of years minus some visits back to see my family).

My advice? Just enjoy it, and if you're like me and get that nagging little voice in the back of your head going BUT THE PLANS, THERE'S NO PLANS HERE, just tell it to sod off and take it as practice for living in the moment. It'll be fine. Most plans never work out anyway.
Nooska
Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 pm

Re: Relationships

... Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans ...

(IOW; I am backing up Era's words here)
Delphineas
Sat May 02, 2015 1:02 am

Re: Relationships

So I think I broke up with my not-girlfriend by not texting her. But then, if you never go on a date you were never dating, right?


My friend talked to me on vent all excited maybe 2 days after I had surgery to replace the battery for my neurostimulator. I felt in no way shape or form ready for a relation
ship but I figured hey, at his rate I will never be. ( I did decide I want to have sex before I'm 28, but...) So he gave her my number, we got to texting, seemed to have a bit of chemistry. He did say she knew, and seemed to like, the fact that she would have a "Battery operated boyfriend'"


This was back in jan or Feb. But as things progressed, or failed too, it started to bug me. She sent me a picture of herself so I knew who to look for when we did meet up, but she was always working when I asked when she was free, so eventually I asked her to tell me when she had a day off. She never did.


Even when I failed to text her for week or two, she never texted me, except as a response to something I sent her. I understood she was "shy", but I was running out of ideas to text her with something interesting each day( I didn't start my job until March). At least make SOME effort, even if texting sucks for having meaningful conversations.

The final nail in the coffin was when my friend told me she said I was "straightforward" when all I had done is ask her when she would be off work, so I could call her without her being at work/busy with family or something. I did call her with no answer, but that kinda response made me want to tell her to get out og the high school mentality.





It was amusing to find out she was only 21, which my friend had described as "my age". I'm 27.
Barathorn
Tue May 05, 2015 2:52 am

Re: Relationships

Steer 'well' clear of that Delphineas.

That has all the makings of a wielder of dem Crazy Eyes.
Sabindeus
Tue May 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Re: Relationships

Nikachelle wrote:Sab decided he was going to let his friend get married the weekend we're going to New York City, Kat! How very dare he!


womp womp :/
Barathorn
Tue May 12, 2015 8:42 am

Re: Relationships

A feckin week.

Really.

/tumbleweed

Sad times.
Njall
Thu May 14, 2015 4:29 am

Re: Relationships

My relationship is fine. Nothing to report. Move along please.

Oh, I did get Wierd Al tix for my birthday last week. And my youngest is managing to fail at t-ball. It's a work in progress. The oldest is actually in 3rd grade full time now. He has a great school. We never thought it would turn out so well when he started school.