Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ameteur photography

Skye1013
Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:31 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Vanifae wrote:Amateur Photography.

This is the AA... if you aren't off topic, you aren't trying hard enough.
Vanifae
Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Ameteur photography

It was bugging me.
Aubade
Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:38 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Vanifae wrote:It was bugging me.


Agreed.

Not that I type Amateur very often >_>

<_<

>_>
Gladia
Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Image

Is probably one of my favorites, i have a ton more from my recent trip to Moab, UT that ill link later this afternoon
Skye1013
Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Amateur photography

Vanifae wrote:It was bugging me.

OIC... I hadn't paid too much attention to the subject's spelling.
Fivelives
Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:12 am

Re: Ameteur photography

You'd think that with all of the "amateur filmmaking" on the internet, people would just instinctively spell it right.

But apparently, you'd also be mistaken in thinking that!

(lol - I noticed the misspelling, but didn't really think it worth a mention. Honest mistakes, etc)
Melathys
Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

Vanifae wrote:It was bugging me.


Trolling is a art.
Fivelives
Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

I C WUT U DID THAR
Hrobertgar
Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

Chicago at sunset

Chicago at Sunset-sml.jpg
Chicago at Sunset-sml.jpg (45.87 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
Hrobertgar
Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

The Space Shuttle up close and personal

Space Shuttle 002-sml.jpg
Space Shuttle 002-sml.jpg (39.74 KiB) Viewed 2078 times


Space Shuttle 001-sml.jpg
Space Shuttle 001-sml.jpg (44.47 KiB) Viewed 2078 times


Space Shuttle 003-sml.jpg
Space Shuttle 003-sml.jpg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 2078 times


I had more hair back then.

I got lucky, in that I worked at a comemrcial facility where the shuttle was sheltering from the rain. So commercial rules applied and in the camera came. This was ~ April 1, 2001 when Columbia was coming off of its last depot maintenance cycle.
bldavis
Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

lol love that video!
Era
Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:54 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Melathys wrote:necrobump tiem


I'm considering to buy the Canon EOS 6D camera, and was wondering if anyone by chance already owns one?
Mainly looking for user experiences and levels of (dis)satisfaction, though feel free to chip in with whatever else you feel might be relevant. :)
Punkss2
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:33 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Era wrote:
Melathys wrote:necrobump tiem


I'm considering to buy the Canon EOS 6D camera, and was wondering if anyone by chance already owns one?
Mainly looking for user experiences and levels of (dis)satisfaction, though feel free to chip in with whatever else you feel might be relevant. :)


Do you have any glass already? I have heard great things about the 6D and it is full frame vs the APS-C cropped sensor. I have a friend who has a 5D Mark III and I would prefer that one personally, but it's like $2k more. I don't shoot pro so take my advice with a grain of salt.
Era
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:12 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Thanks! I got some decent testimonials from some other people too, and the sale was about to end, so I ordered it. Should be here by the end of the week! :)

I've arranged to trade in some of my EF-S lenses (crop sensor) for some EF lenses (full frame), so I should be all set to go once it arrives. I've got a hiking trip planned for next week (depending on the weather though), so hopefully I can try it out already then. I'll make sure to post a picture or two here, and maybe something about how the camera feels.

I'm by no means a professional either, I guess I'd be something like advanced amateur. :P I'd definitely love the 5D too, but I don't feel like I could justify the extra cash considering my level of usage. Moving up from the 450D (which is what I had before) to the 6D felt like a natural step, though.
Koatanga
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

Gratz on the new camera!

In a similar vein, I'm pretty much a confirmed ametuer and have been really happy with my Nikon D80 for a few years now. However, as manufacturers add new features, the newer cameras become more and more tempting.

Because I have some Nikon glass (nothing special, just cheap stuff), I am leaning toward staying in the Nikon family, and am looking at the D5300. I'm attracted by better low-light performance, video capability with on-camera stereo sound, on-camera HDR function, WiFi, and more pixels.

Is this a decent camera, or are there better options in that price range?

Also, given that I already have a DX 18-135 lens, am I OK with body-only should I really go for the kit options that include a VR lens even though it's pretty much the same (18-140)? Is the VR that big a deal?
Punkss2
Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:27 am

Re: Ameteur photography

It depends on how you are shooting. From what I read VR (vibration reduction) is the Nikon equivalent to IS (image stabilization) on Canon. I have only ever used a Canon so I can't really speak to it other than what I've read. If you are shooting on a tripod the VR won't benefit you as much as when you hand hold. My friend recently gave me his old EF-S 18-135mm kit lens and though it has more reach than my kit EF-S 18-55mm, i actually like the feel of the shorter lens. I tend to shoot as wide as I can. Not sure if my site is still up but I haven't messed with it in awhile.
http://jonmedeiros.com/
Punkss2
Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:28 am

Re: Ameteur photography

This thread is making me get the itch to shoot again...I guess there could be worse things :P
Era
Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:30 am

Re: Ameteur photography

If you still have the equipment, why not? ^^
Doesn't even require an active subscription... ;)
Era
Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:49 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Really enjoying the 6D so far, although unfortunately a lightning strike incapacitated my laptop, so I haven't been able to view them on a proper monitor or upload anything yet. I'll write a bit more about the camera and post some pictures once I've got things back up and running again (new laptop should arrive this weekend).
Melathys
Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

I've upgraded to a Nikon D5000, but honestly, the vast vast majority of the pictures I take are with the Canon S120.
Era
Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:38 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Some local scenery. Advantage: Norway!

Click for larger size.
Image
Creative commons: BY-NC-SA