Skip to content
Maintankadin

Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

Isetnefret
Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

FIRST!
Angeltank
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

LMFAO I'd of already hung the phone up before she got a chance to talk about my family.
Tev
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:30 am

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

Telemarketer: Hello, is this soandso?
Me(sounding gruff): And how may I ask are you aquainted with soandso?
Telemarketer: I'm sorry, I don't understand?
Me: I ASKED you HOW are you aquainted with SOANDSO?
Telemarketer: I.. I...
Me: And, you will tell me your name, business name and address, and phone contact information. You called this number so you MUST understand what sort of trouble you are in. I'm not kidding around here, leave out any detail and when I'm through with you, you'll be wishing your sorry ass hadn't even bothered to get out of bed this morning.

Just make sure you don't actually imply that you are any form of gov't official, the worse that can happen is you tell the judge that you were upset and requesting the information a phone solicitor legally has to provide on request. I've gotten at least 2 telemarketers in trouble because they hung up when I requested their contact information, something they they are supposed to give on request. Of coarse this was before the no call list, now I live in a happy state of anonimity.
Snake-Aes
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 am

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

Oh, once I had friends home and when the marketer called, two of them played a brawl, with another three screaming FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
followed by a squick noise (a hammered avocado) and two of them going OH SHIT WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO MAN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW HEY, WHO IS ON THE PHONE!? NO ONE CAN KNOW ABOUT THIS LUMP OF MEAT!
fafhrd
Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:05 am

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

I just tell them to call me back on [lore's cell number].
Invisusira
Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

fafhrd wrote:I just tell them to call me back on [lore's cell number].

Image
Rachmaninoff
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

I've gotten telemarketers to hang up by just saying "hello!"
Panzerdin
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

I like to impersonate the prostitute from Full Metal Jacket. The other thing I do is to go through their entire thing, and then tell them my age at the end.
Isetnefret
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Re: Telemarketing is far worse than gang rape...

Back when I had a phone, I would just answer and set it down, let them talk. That way the phone was off the hook for when the next asshole tried to call.

Now that I exclusively use my cell phone, I just answer and hang up immediately.


I was a telemarketer for 3 days, back when I was 16. It fucking sucks. I can only imagine the most miserable, deplorable people sticking with it for longer than that. Everyone I worked with was an asshole, and we were supposed to be selling worthless shitty services/products.

I could not do it....some moral issue prevented me from being able to stomach it.

I think I could more easily be a collections/repossession agent.