Skip to content
Maintankadin

24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Garov
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

At this point Nickelodean should really just rename itself the Spongebob Channel. I hate this show and what makes it worse is I have a 2 year old son. I refuse to let him watch this piece of crap. The other shows he watches from Nick or PBS all have some value to them. Diego, Dora, even Wubzy have some value to them. But Nick chooses to just play Spongebob about 20 hours of the day. So now they just add 4 more hours of it. Doesn't make that huge of a difference really.
Thalia
Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Exolaeth wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:
Amarant_Pally wrote:Weeds + Pushing Daisies, or GTFO.

The latter of the two was canceled, however. :(

Oh, the new Nurse Jackie looks promising, as well.



wait what?


>_> Go go True Blood.



Official fan of it on Facebook
Thalia
Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I've long moved past the point where most american cartoons can make me laugh. That, however, does not mean they aren't entertaining. Spongebob is freakin awesome.


OMG do you watch Family Guy?
Grehn|Skipjack
Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Thalia wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I've long moved past the point where most american cartoons can make me laugh. That, however, does not mean they aren't entertaining. Spongebob is freakin awesome.


OMG do you watch Family Guy?

Yes.
Rachmaninoff
Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Thalia wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I've long moved past the point where most american cartoons can make me laugh. That, however, does not mean they aren't entertaining. Spongebob is freakin awesome.


OMG do you watch Family Guy?


is anyone else getting tired of family guy? yea its funny but its on like 6 channels... I just think its overplayed... much like spengebab

Image
Panzerdin
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Me. It's funny in moderation, but I can only stand so much before I start thinking that South Park had them down right.
Shoju
Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

spongebob = sometimes funny
family guy = i don't get it most of the time
avatar = pure fucking win.
Thornir
Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:44 am

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Shoju wrote:spongebob = sometimes funny
family guy = i don't get it most of the time
avatar = pure fucking win.


This.

Avatar was the greatest thing that happened to nickelodeon. Other than that, gimme back old nickelodeon: rugrats, ren and stimpy, rocko's modern life, rocket power, angry beavers... that is what I grew up on. Not watching every single character on that damn show getting more retarded by the episode.
Nikachelle
Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:47 am

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Aubade wrote:It wasn't funny when it first came out either, it was just as stupid.

The fact that his voice makes me want to cut my ears off and throw them at the TV doesn't help either.


I'm with you on this. Hate that damn show.
Snake-Aes
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 am

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Nikachelle wrote:
Aubade wrote:It wasn't funny when it first came out either, it was just as stupid.

The fact that his voice makes me want to cut my ears off and throw them at the TV doesn't help either.


I'm with you on this. Hate that damn show.

Spongebob is generally when I leave the room.
When sis uses that against me, I cut the power of the house.
Barathorn
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:56 am

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

While I admit I can't watch more than 2-3 episodes of Spongebob I do still find it entertaining although it isn't a patch on the cartoons of my youth.

Its better than the majority of stuff on CBeebies that is for sure.

Barathorn
isiz
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

My friends and I like to watch King of the Hill late at night. Unfortunately for us it is usually surrounded by Family Guy so we invented the "Family Guy Game".

Basically we purposely try to not laugh the entire episode. We end up only laughing at the jokes that are genuinely funny. At most we laugh 2 times an episode with an average of less than 1 every episode. When one of the old episodes is on (from before it was canceled) we find ourselves laughing more and so have come to the conclusion that the show stinks and is just getting worse over time. Most of the show is just random pop culture references that have nothing to do with the storyline of the episode and it is getting very old.
Rachmaninoff
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

isiz wrote:My friends and I like to watch King of the Hill late at night. Unfortunately for us it is usually surrounded by Family Guy so we invented the "Family Guy Game".

Basically we purposely try to not laugh the entire episode. We end up only laughing at the jokes that are genuinely funny. At most we laugh 2 times an episode with an average of less than 1 every episode. When one of the old episodes is on (from before it was canceled) we find ourselves laughing more and so have come to the conclusion that the show stinks and is just getting worse over time. Most of the show is just random pop culture references that have nothing to do with the storyline of the episode and it is getting very old.


Exaaactly.

Does anyone remember old Cartoon Network when it was good? When they were just coming out with their own cartoons? My friend has the first season of Samurai Jack and we watches it the other night. It was fucking amazing. We sat there analyzing it and figuring out why its so good...

But it made us think. What the fuck has happened to cartoons and shows for kids today? Honestly there are no good shows... Sure we're older but I think most of us grew up in a golden age of quality cartoons.
Snake-Aes
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Rachmaninoff wrote:
isiz wrote:My friends and I like to watch King of the Hill late at night. Unfortunately for us it is usually surrounded by Family Guy so we invented the "Family Guy Game".

Basically we purposely try to not laugh the entire episode. We end up only laughing at the jokes that are genuinely funny. At most we laugh 2 times an episode with an average of less than 1 every episode. When one of the old episodes is on (from before it was canceled) we find ourselves laughing more and so have come to the conclusion that the show stinks and is just getting worse over time. Most of the show is just random pop culture references that have nothing to do with the storyline of the episode and it is getting very old.


Exaaactly.

Does anyone remember old Cartoon Network when it was good? When they were just coming out with their own cartoons? My friend has the first season of Samurai Jack and we watches it the other night. It was fucking amazing. We sat there analyzing it and figuring out why its so good...

But it made us think. What the fuck has happened to cartoons and shows for kids today? Honestly there are no good shows... Sure we're older but I think most of us grew up in a golden age of quality cartoons.

I quit cartoon after they quit Cow&Chicken and Dexter's Lab.
isiz
Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: 24 Hours of Spongebob Marathon

Snake-Aes wrote:I quit cartoon after they quit Cow&Chicken and Dexter's Lab.


Sheep in the Big City
<3