Skip to content
Maintankadin

Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

moduspwnens
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Lore wrote:From the sound of things this is probably a DNS cache issue (which is why resetting routers and such is working for some people).

Windows users can try opening up command prompt and typing: ipconfig /flushdns

Not sure how to do it on a Mac.


Naw, I think it's just an intermittent problem. Like I said for me, it'll work most of the time and then occasionally be down for 10 or 15 minutes. If I went to reset my router, reboot, and maybe grab a coffee, it'd probably be back up by then. Aergis probably covered what the issue was, though.

I have to Google it because I have trouble remembering it, but flushing DNS on a newer Mac is done by opening a terminal and typing:
dscacheutil –flushcache
Panzerdin
Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

I'm pretty sure Lore is right. I had a similar problem and it wasn't intermittent. I also solved it in a similar (if slightly more extreme) manner.
Zx
Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:30 am

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Lore wrote:I demand hello kitty.
Drexanna
Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Snake-Aes wrote:
Lore wrote:I demand hello kitty.

Or Spongebob.

Spongebob Squarekitty?
Snake-Aes
Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Can't see Maintankadin from work, and I'm the IT guy?

Drexanna wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Lore wrote:I demand hello kitty.

Or Spongebob.

Spongebob Squarekitty?

That or Hellraiser. Dunno which would be more satanic.