Skip to content
Maintankadin

Cake vs Pie

Arnock
Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Re: Cake vs Pie

Funny thing is, for me, the crust is the best part of a pie, especially with fruit pie, where the flavor of the fruit kind of melts into the crust.


But, I'm gonna go for cake rather than pie, just plain prefer the flavor.

and cookies still > all


also, can you say necro?
Caelia
Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cake vs Pie

Angels Food Cake.

Hands Down.

The Best.

The End.
anthony
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:55 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

I like neither that much, pie is ok, never really had a nice one and well i just dislike cakes altogether really.
Barathorn
Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Perhaps a new contender should enter the fray.

I bring forth for your consideration,

The Doughnut.
cakeftw
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:12 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

*cough*
uke
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:21 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

I still say that fresh brownies + milk is better than anything else.

But given the choices, I'm a pie guy. Although that cake video game medley posted above was pure win.
Torquemada
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Spice cake. Cream cheese frosting. Nothing is better. NOTHING. Unless it's cake soup.

Image
Originally posted by Tycho on January 14th 2002

Long story short, I'm getting my chicken soup on, it's Sunday afternoon, and Gabe's reading some Preacher in the Den, which is also the living room, the bathroom, and the foyer. I am interacting with pasta dough in what I think is a stern way, when I hear him say that he might like the soup better if it were, in fact, carrot cake. It hits us, hits us both, simultaneously, like a semi made out of lightning which is also a professional boxer. Carrot Cake Soup. You cube the carrot cake, some pieces have frosting and some don't, and you put a handful of these chunks into a bowl full of milk. So let's go do it. We'll do it later this week, he says. But I know that's the same as not doing it. Why not now, I say? I know a store where we can get all the stuff. You can just buy it, the way you can buy stuff in the household cleaners section and make a bomb big enough to kill God. The stuff is just lying around there and nobody's doing anything with it. It's not a crime to buy them separately, and what we do at home isn't any of their fucking business.

I think someone might have been following us as we pulled into the parking lot, we walked toward the grocery store and tried to keep the conversation natural. We certainly didn't discuss carrot cake or the soup one might make by cutting it into cubes and swimming islands of it in cold milk, pleasure islands, like you'd see in a magazine. At the bakery counter, a woman asks if she can help me, and I'm so nervous that as I'm pointing to the carrot cake behind the glass, my finger starts to tap in Morse Code that reads:

I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST GOD AND MAN STOP

And where is Gabe with that Goddamn milk? There he is, in the self-checkout. Idiot. There's cameras all over that thing, it's like a Goddamn surveillance tree. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. A red light flashes on, and off in my mind. At another checkstand, I pay with untraceable cash, assuring the woman that I will eat the cake by myself, without assistance from cows. I smirk. This woman has no idea that she's just sold me the trigger to a flavor gun. Carrot Cake Soup is like the taste of watching girls make out. It has an extraordinary power that oscillates between gentle and overwhelming, between light and dark, between pleasure and more pleasure. When it was over, I realized that I was panting. I was in possession of carnal knowledge. And I knew that, somehow, every taste beyond this point was in the service of the one that still lingered, waited, to remind me that nature has laws, and those that break them are criminals, and though they roam free enough the knowing will hold them, and keep them, until the last.

Pfife
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:59 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Guava cake is freaking win. Barely beats out pumpkin pie (best pie evar) imo.

Image

Real tanks are not afraid of wearing purple armor, smashing things with cotton candy and eating a pink cake.
Falibard
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:21 am

Re:

Invisusira wrote:THERE IS ONLY ONE VIABLE DESERT CLASS


I lol'd
Image


No one uses cake graphs when they give a presentation...
uke
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am

Re: Re:

Falibard wrote:
Invisusira wrote:THERE IS ONLY ONE VIABLE DESERT CLASS


I lol'd
Image


No one uses cake graphs when they give a presentation...


PECAN PIE!

must..resist...NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM...drooool

Prett much my favorite pastry in the world, add whipped cream for the bonus.
uke
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:43 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Torquemada wrote:Spice cake. Cream cheese frosting. Nothing is better. NOTHING. Unless it's cake soup.

Image
Originally posted by Tycho on January 14th 2002

Long story short, I'm getting my chicken soup on, it's Sunday afternoon, and Gabe's reading some Preacher in the Den, which is also the living room, the bathroom, and the foyer. I am interacting with pasta dough in what I think is a stern way, when I hear him say that he might like the soup better if it were, in fact, carrot cake. It hits us, hits us both, simultaneously, like a semi made out of lightning which is also a professional boxer. Carrot Cake Soup. You cube the carrot cake, some pieces have frosting and some don't, and you put a handful of these chunks into a bowl full of milk. So let's go do it. We'll do it later this week, he says. But I know that's the same as not doing it. Why not now, I say? I know a store where we can get all the stuff. You can just buy it, the way you can buy stuff in the household cleaners section and make a bomb big enough to kill God. The stuff is just lying around there and nobody's doing anything with it. It's not a crime to buy them separately, and what we do at home isn't any of their fucking business.

I think someone might have been following us as we pulled into the parking lot, we walked toward the grocery store and tried to keep the conversation natural. We certainly didn't discuss carrot cake or the soup one might make by cutting it into cubes and swimming islands of it in cold milk, pleasure islands, like you'd see in a magazine. At the bakery counter, a woman asks if she can help me, and I'm so nervous that as I'm pointing to the carrot cake behind the glass, my finger starts to tap in Morse Code that reads:

I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST GOD AND MAN STOP

And where is Gabe with that Goddamn milk? There he is, in the self-checkout. Idiot. There's cameras all over that thing, it's like a Goddamn surveillance tree. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. A red light flashes on, and off in my mind. At another checkstand, I pay with untraceable cash, assuring the woman that I will eat the cake by myself, without assistance from cows. I smirk. This woman has no idea that she's just sold me the trigger to a flavor gun. Carrot Cake Soup is like the taste of watching girls make out. It has an extraordinary power that oscillates between gentle and overwhelming, between light and dark, between pleasure and more pleasure. When it was over, I realized that I was panting. I was in possession of carnal knowledge. And I knew that, somehow, every taste beyond this point was in the service of the one that still lingered, waited, to remind me that nature has laws, and those that break them are criminals, and though they roam free enough the knowing will hold them, and keep them, until the last.



Holy crap that was awesome :lol:
fafhrd
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

I approach this question in the same way I approach any choices between things: ascribing properties of the things to people relevant to the discussion, and seeing which improves them more.

Observe:

Option 1: Invisusira, contained in a crisp crust, dusted with sugar, with a warm, juicy filling.

Option 2: Invisusira, covered in chocolate cream, soaked in rum, with hardened cherries inside.

I think the choice is clear.

edit: omnomnomnom
Falibard
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

fafhrd wrote:Option 2: Invisusira, covered in chocolate cream, soaked in rum, with hardened cherries inside.


Hmm too vague... does "soaked in rum" imply a drunk Invis or is it just for flavor?
fafhrd
Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

I think one would lead to the other, so let's go with both.
Pfife
Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

fafhrd wrote:I think one would lead to the other, so let's go with both.


^this and enough of either will lead to some fine CBH.
Rithale
Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

I must add that ice cream cake in of itself puts it in the lead for me. So THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE!!! I think we can even get a achivment for cooking like that...
Falibard
Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Rithale wrote:I must add that ice cream cake in of itself puts it in the lead for me. So THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE!!! I think we can even get a achivment for cooking like that...


IACS
Vanifae
Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Ice Cream Cake is decent.

Pie ala Mode is superior.
Delphineas
Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Cake is good, Pie is fail.

Bu I submit for your consideration.....FUDGE
Falibard
Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Keep your fudge.
Dracora
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Cake vs Pie

Invisusira wrote:This subject has come up in multiple threads, so I feel it is time to put the argument to rest.


Most cakes are just too sweet for me. I have to go with a blueberry pie.
Dorvan
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:42 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Because some of you young whippersnappers are making duplicate threads :evil:
Nikachelle
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Dorvan wrote:Because some of you young whippersnappers are making duplicate threads :evil:

Now that's one hell of a necro. D:
aranil
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

Re: Cake vs Pie

Nikachelle wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Because some of you young whippersnappers are making duplicate threads :evil:

Now that's one hell of a necro. D:

And it shall raise from the grave!!!!!!!

Quick, get the rifle!