Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gruul vs Mulgar difficulty

Shirak
Wed May 07, 2008 8:17 am

Gruul vs Mulgar difficulty

I tanked Mulgar with no problems at all. To be quite frank, I was disappointed in the fight. I expected to be popping trinkets, having the raid leader to be calling extra healers over to help heal after each mini-boss, using health stones, and watching my health drop to the red time after time.

Truth be told, I never went under 50% health and only after the mage went down did the RL even say all heals to Shirak.

Of course for Gruul I was told to put healing gear.

How much harder is Gruul to MT over Mulgar?
_________________
Snake-Aes
Wed May 07, 2008 8:44 am
In terms of execution, a lot more.

Not that it's hard, maulgar is the too easy one. Dish out as much threat as you can while making sure holy shield is up, save survivability trinkets for the silences and use don't use AW, bubble may save the raid from a bad shatter.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Cosmoz
Wed May 07, 2008 1:01 pm
huh? why did you have to heal on gruul? the healers in your raid should not have any problems keeping everyone up at gruuls, and you are FAAR better tanking and have your OT (druids? or warriors?) to dps on gruul instead.

I did heal the first 2 gruul runs I ever did, cuz of my gear. was not enough to MT (had like 12k hp) and palas realy suck for OT...
Looking at your HP/armor, you are way way past the line where you can start tank gruuls.
_________________
Shirak
Wed May 07, 2008 1:40 pm
Our guild Leader is a holy Pali and feels a Feral Druid serves to be the best tank for 25 man raid bosses.

I got excited when I saw my name as MT1 last night. I tanked Mulgar, a couple of trash mobs, then back in healing gear... Then he had our feral druid MT Gruul and a Warrior OT Gruul.

I didn't know if Gruul was that much harder to tank than Mulgar.

Note, raid buffed, I hit 18.3k hitpoints currently.
_________________
Sithy
Thu May 08, 2008 9:24 am
I've had him crush me through a cast of Hammer of Wrath. He was at like 4%. QQ.

I've done all 3, healed, OT and MT on Gruul.

By far the easiest is to MT, both warriors and paladins are excellent at MTing him. They can do good as an OT but a druid does much better as their threat generation isn't as tied to rage as a warriors (or mana in the case of a paladin).
_________________

Sithy, 70 Human Priest
Cosmoz
Fri May 09, 2008 9:22 pm
never had a problem with gruuls silence. so its not a problem.
_________________
bejerjoe
Sun May 11, 2008 4:45 pm
Now I thought bubble cleared aggro so if I were to bubble during a boss fight wouldnt he be all over the place? or am I horrible wrong.
_________________
Paladins Are simply angels with to much plate to fly.
Snake-Aes
Sun May 11, 2008 5:45 pm
It's not a threat drop, your threat value is still there. It's just that the boss knows you won't get hurt so he goes hit the next thing. If you're still the top threat (30%+ above whoever he aggroed) he'll go right to you once the bubble wears off
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';