Skip to content
Maintankadin

Threat 2nd/3rd tank

Frickit
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:48 am

Threat 2nd/3rd tank

I have been OT for Gruul with 430 buffed spell damage

our third tank is a paladin with 280 buffed sd

The first time we did it he had even less something like 200 so I told the hunters to give all MDs to the third tank and that I didnt need any.

Now that he has 280 and getting all the MD and im getting no MD he shoots passed me to second on OMEN while I remain comfortably third but I have a hell of a time tryin to catch back up to him.

Q. How is it that in this situation I was still getting all of the hurtful strikes?

Is it because the MD aggro is different or because I might need to upgrade Omen again?
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)
JoeBravo
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:59 am
About Omen: Omen has had, and wil continue to have, bugfixes regularly , so you and your raid should update just before every raid, until the updaterate goes down a bit.
_________________

Frickit
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:35 am
ok ill surely take your word i saw on my gf's omen it was the same and although her version was more updated than mine, I think we are both outdated already.
The third prot pally is usually below the dps and has a very hard time keeping third and these last few attempts he was a league ahead of me so I just wasnt sure what the hell, especially since I was getting the hurtfuls (most of the time) it was just weird all around...I couldnt even see the MTs threat but we friggin got him finally. Very Happy
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)
Snake-Aes
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:35 am
Isn't the hurtful strike targetting range similar to enfeeble?

"hits the highest threat melee enemy, starting from the second".

Even if you still have aggro, if you're not the first or no one else is in melee range, you get the hurtful.


Also note that hurtful strike's range is a bit shorter than melee range. Have the Hurtful tank stay by gruul's hoof or he might be out of range.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Frickit
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:21 pm
All three of us were in hurtful range I was the hurtful tank and although I was third in threat(which was an anomoly in and of itself) I was still getting the hurtfuls (considering I was doing more TPS I guess this makes sense) Its the MDs that put me into third under the backup tankadin.

Ranged wont take hurtfuls whether or not they are second on omen but its a risk that you will lose Gruul if the MT dies which ours does a lot of the time at the later growths (we are still tryin to get him down faster our kill was grow 15 which is the best we've done.)
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)
Zhalseran
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:58 pm
If you were hit by hurtful strike, you were the second highest on aggro among those in melee range, plain and simple. Regardless of what an addon will tell you, thats the way the encounter works. If thats not what said addon is telling you, then there is something wrong with said addon.
_________________
http://zhalseran.blogspot.com/
Frickit
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:52 am
yep yep Omen has been updating like every two seconds... I was just confused cuz everyone elses omen was saying the same thing, that I was third but it is clear that I was not. Laughing
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)
Robbert
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:20 am
Omen gave me fits on Gruul last night as well. I was soaking the hurtful strikes and somewhere around grow 5-6 Gruul decided I was going to be the MT for a bit. According to Omen the MT had a comfortable threat lead over me. I was trying to give him back by just standing there and refreshing holy shield every time it was up. I held onto Gruul until the next Ground Slam/Shatter, after which he went back to the MT like a good boss should.

On a side note...I'm very glad I didn't sacrifice uncrushable for additional threat on that fight! The MT went down to a bad Ground Slam/Shatter/Silence combo and I tanked him the rest of the way.
_________________