Skip to content
Maintankadin

Maggy

Levantine
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:08 am

Maggy

So, does he click the cubes himself or what? Someone should test this ASAP.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
NarfJones
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:18 am
Less infernals.

The cube clickers debuff no longer lasts longer than the cube phases. You now only need one set of clickers.

The Warlocks don't hit as hard.
_________________
Tanking is was made to do
Cearn
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:19 am
laul
_________________
Cearn - 70 pew pew Spankadin! - EU Anetheron
Levantine
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:25 am
Disappointing. I wanted him to click his own damn cubes, the lazy ass.

But in all seriousness, why did they nerf him again? Hadn't they already beaten him around quite a bit with that big stick of theirs?
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
NarfJones
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 am
Not that I know of. The podcast indicates the fight turned out to be more complicated than they originally intended. I would assume that's why they nerfed him.
_________________
Tanking is was made to do
Lothlan
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:44 am
They wanted him to be the Ony of TBC, but that wasn't the case so they hope this change finally changes it to that point :p
kalbear
Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:18 pm
They likely nerfed him because he was a stumbling block, he was much harder than most of the encounters in T5 and he required raids to have very specific makeups of classes that aren't easily available.

But really, who cares? He's gonna drop a ton of gold, badges, an extra T4 piece, a 20-slot non-unique bag and you could keep him clicked the entire time (and thus do 300% damage to him the entire time) if you have a rotation of 10 clickers who have a fairly decent amount of health and will bandage themselves.
Levantine
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 pm
New name: Loottheridon.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
Gwai
Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:01 pm
He wasnt really hard to go kill in 30 mins pre-nerf either tbh. Only problem was crappy loots.

Guess he was a bit tough on new guilds to learn tho, so probably was easy to skip him and rather progress in ssc/tk.
_________________
Saintsabbat
Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:34 pm
Hi, a question for anyone who has done maggy in 2.4 live.

I hear the channellers dont hit as hard? anyone got any idea of how hard they now hit?

I've recently formed a guild and we are doing gruuls then maggys on Sunday.

Problem is we have only 3 tanks at present. I've seen a video of a warrior tanking 2 of the channellers in not terribly good gear, my gear is mainly of badge/ssc+tk quality, I could certainly tank 2, but does anyone think I could tank 3?

Would likely have 4 healers spam healing me Smile!

I would welcome anyone's opinions Smile x
_________________
Saintsabbat
70 Paladin
EU Bronze Dragonflight
Montmatre
Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:01 am
We did him last night.

The changes I seen were as follows.

1. The warlocks hit for alot less, didn't get a specific reduction just it is very noticable to the point of not being noticable damage.

2. 1 infernal per warlock now, some shammie on the raid said it hit him for ~800 damage

3. The clicking only requires 1 person on each cube as the debuff is considerably less

4. Someone mentioned that the caves ins (not when the roof falls) do less damage also

We found it considerably easier, probably easier than Gruul now
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt%20(EU)&n=Sarasvaati] [/url]
Mazater
Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:27 am
One thing we noticed while running Maggy's last night.

The boss mod timers are COMPLETELY off since 2.4
We wiped there once due to DBM and BigWigs timers showing the blast wave about 15sec before it was actually casted.

After that, we just waited for maggy to start casting his Blast Wave and click the cube, got him down easily.

After we wiped, I was the last man standing and Maggy was trying to kill me.

I had a fun time dodging/parrying his melee attacks more than 12 times in a row, he managed to land one hit on me though,(he hitted like a girl Surprised) but I survived untill he casted blast wave.
_________________

My armory
Sithy
Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:12 am
My healers didn't give him as much credit as he was due, he can still hit like a truck, and still cleaves.

The first phase is a total joke now though, I would be down to 1k mana after my two adds died, I was usually at about 4k the week before. I think next week we might just all group up on mags at the start, pull the adds in and just AoE them down.
_________________

Sithy, 70 Human Priest