Skip to content
Maintankadin

T5 Geared Paladin Tanking HKM/Gruul/Mag

Wolftusk
Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:59 am

T5 Geared Paladin Tanking HKM/Gruul/Mag

Our guild is 6/6 SSC and 3/4 TK and we are going back to HKM/Gruul/Mag to help gear up some alts and some new members. So the raid will be a mix match of T5 gear and Kara gear members.

I (prot pally) will be the only tank at T5 level, though we do have a warrior that is not far behind me.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and have some thoughts on how to approach the encounter with some T5 Tanks and a handful of T5 healers along with some heavy duty T5 DPS.

Are there any shortcuts we can take trying to use the gear as an advantage? On Gruul, Should i have the warrior MT and me OT? or the other way around? Any thoughts on HKM?

Thanks in advance. Any info would be appreciated.
_________________
Blood Elf Protection Paladin
Rokh
Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 pm
A hunter dispelled the shield a few weeks ago, and of course the mage died... and i ended up picking up fire boy and tanking him from 80% down...

I do however break 21k hp raid buffed and i think i had 3 healers on me at the time.... but man was it FUN!
Frickit
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am
I have about 420sd (440 with food) with flask of sorc and wiz oil.
seal of crusader, JoR concecrates, wings
I have no problem stayin second and I never ever run out of mana and if I get close thats what Cave ins and mana pots are for.
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)
Snake-Aes
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:33 am
With T5 dpsers and tank, gruul should be down just after growth 10~..It's how it happened for me. You'll be fighting for mana for like 6 growths =| So put on some more spell damage gear / mana pots and it will be fine from a first tank perspective. The warrior can do better than you will as second because of rage starvation and intervene. The healers should be able to easily pickup too.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
ShieldLove
Fri May 23, 2008 11:22 am
Gruul: Stack dodge, parry, and spell damage, while remaining uncrushable. Salvation the whole group if anyone doesn't understand how to manage threat. Off tanking is looking for damage and popping pots until grow 12, at which point hurtful strikes will keep you refreshed. Main tanking, HS/SoR/Consectrate rotation and Avengers on every ground slam is more than enough. Pop wings every time it's up.

My record for surviving grows was Wednesday night, when I lived 100-0% through grow 19. Gruul was smacking me for 9-12.5k a hit.

Mag: Be the main tank and the first warlock tank. Pop wings and go nuts on the first warlock, then stand in position for mag once he dies. Grab him and pull him to the wall when he starts, due north. He's a demon, so if you can't stay over threat, consider going holy... forever. ^_^

I stack spell damage in buffs/pots/etc to stay up on threat for both. Current gear has 18k armor, 19k raid buffed hp, 54% pure avoidance, and 600 buffed spell damage. 48% pure avoidance should be enough, depending on the mileage of your healers. You can never have too much spell damage / Threat per second.