Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gruul's OT

Cosmoz
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm
do the dps use pvp gear?
they the dps have a pvp spec?
most common problem ever, at least on a pvp server.
the dps difference in PVP/PVE gear is HUGE. even full epic s1 pvp gear wont do a good job in gruuls. If they somehow could get the hit from other items, yes, but not pure pvp gear.
_________________
DT-
Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 am
my little 2 cents:
1. OT-pally - nonsence, it`s better to be MT or heal in prot spec (my pally have kara-gear and have 1400-1500 +heal in prot spec, and 10k+ of mana and can spam flash of light constantly)
2. PvP gear and spec depends by brains and hands (my 1st char is 3*s3 geared BM-hunt (full PvP spec with imp dodge and only 1 badge crossbow, other items is PvP), I`m outdamage all t4-t5-badge geared dps at grull) and last time my little hunt tank him for 3 strikes at 1% till we down him with random party (40% avoidance is cool)

P.S. 50% wipes comes from individual mistakes, other 50% from stupid RL, and only 1% is luck.
Some raid leaders can`t think wide.. all classes have to chat with RL and say about their strong and weak sides (it`s about ot-pally gg.. and noPvP gear in raid)
Snake-Aes
Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:55 am
If the RL and healers are quick on their feet and you have a spriest, it's fun to overaggro druids om 2nd threat! Very Happy
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
DexterBelgium
Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:51 pm
Comment from my healer (pally) at grow 11 of Gruul (right after I LoHed), while I was offtanking:

Dex, could you stop getting hit by a train, plx, thanks.

Hehe. Kept me up, tho, and at Grow 12 he was dead.

Hurtful strike is hurtful. (That meme comes in handy for once) Very Happy
Talmus
Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:50 am
I had a thought about OT'ing there...our raid leader told me and the druid tank to fight it out for second in threat. I was WAY ahead for the first 5-6 grows and then all of a sudden I'm behind by about 50k threat. It's obvious that the druid taunted to catch up with the MT and at that point I was done unless I decided to taunt. Now I don't want to screw up healing assignments/mob positioning/etc by taunting off of the MT but it got me thinking...taunting would be one heck of an easy way to stay ahead of the rest of the raid on threat.

What would happen if I waited until the MT had a HUGE threat lead, bubbled, then taunted? If I'm not mistaken, I would get threat to match the MT but would not get attacked by Grull. Someone else might eat one shot but it wouldn't kill them at the growth I'm talking about (maybe somewhere in the 4-6 range). After Righteous Defense is finished I could cancel the bubble and will have gained a good 60-100k of threat in the process. I'm thinking this would work GREAT but I want to make sure there's not something I'm missing about the mechanic here before I go and do something stupid.
_________________

Imba - Armory
Snake-Aes
Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 pm
probably
and remember that druids have op threat generation.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';