Skip to content
Maintankadin

BT Stats

souladin
Tue May 20, 2008 6:19 am

BT Stats

can anyone tell me what stats i need for bt please
atm i have unbuffed
Health: 16207
Mana: 4983
Defense: 477
Resillience: 21
Armor: 17277
Dodge: 16.78%
Parry: 15.08%
Block: 30.75%
Block Value: 464
Bonus Damage: 451
Total Avoidance: 108.05%
my server really lacks tankadins so advice is hard to come by and my guilds pally officer is a healerding witch dont help lol
thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you soon
thanks
Ashmadai
Tue May 20, 2008 6:47 am
I am still in SSC/TK so don't take my advice as gospel, but I can tell you right now that if you really have 477 defense you need to fix that quickly.

You need to get 490 defense so you're uncrittable against bosses. Your HP and Armor look pretty good, but I would say your avoidance is too low if you're trying to tank some bosses.

For something to go by, I'm 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK and I am at something like

15800 HP
17k Armor
520 Defense
23.5% dodge
17% parry

Your spell damage is pretty good, the main thing it looks like to me is you need 490 defense and more avoidance.

If you have access to it the Hydross defense trinket would help your defense and avoidance. Moroes trinket is a good option there too. 100 badge pants, iron tusk girdle, 60 badge ring, these are all things with good amounts of stam and dodge on them to help you out.
Janduin
Tue May 20, 2008 6:56 am
I don't remember the conversion but he has 21 resil, so I imagine he's uncrittable. Low defense is a chronic problem with badge gear.

I'd say your stats look pretty good for starting BT, except that your dodge is kind of low. I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure I was over 20% before I stepped foot in T6 content.
_________________
inthedrops
Tue May 20, 2008 6:56 am
His resilience probably makes up for the lack of defence in terms of being crit. All of your stats are perfectly acceptable for doing the trash in there. I would not have you tanking any bosses as a raid leader though with <17% dodge. That's very low.
_________________
souladin
Tue May 20, 2008 7:00 am
the 21 rr dose make me uncritable
ill start work on the 20% dodge asap .. how much parry do i need or is that 1 of them wasted stats ?
from 1 of ur older posts it says 30% dodge, 20%parry, 20%block
iv always though block was more inportant due to theat from block
Seloei
Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 am
your stats (if i read them correctly) would put you at round 45% avoidance only. You should get atleast 50-55% minimum to try to tank a boss safely (first don't hurt that much, but the further you get the worse it becomes). Healths fine, defense (bit low, but resilience makes up for it) is "fine", avoidance is way too low.

Trash, yeah you can tank em. But most bosses will make you very hard to heal due to low avoidance. Don't bother looking for parry to increase your +avoidance, go for dodge (or defense both are better than parry)
_________________
souladin
Tue May 20, 2008 7:27 am
well im 108% total avoidance so no more crushing blows
just seem to be low on dodge due to most my gear having block
how much hp is it ok to lose and still be a good mt in bt as i can only replace hp with def or dodge ?