Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ashtongue Defender Issue

Thelawyn
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Ashtongue Defender Issue

I'm not sure where to ask this, so hopefully this is ok enough.

Hi, i'm new around here, pally tank on Lightbringer server, recently I was asked to tank the Defenders in the Shade of Akama fight. I went through my normal rotation for tanking one, then multiple mobs. SoR to JoR, with Holy Shield and Concecrate and Ret Aura. However, it became clear that something was up. Despite all indications that I had aggro on them, every so often one would peel off and go after a healer. At first i was able to taunt them off, but when they started peeling off in twos and threes after separate targets... it was a definite problem. This did end up wiping us, and I was quite confused. I double checked to make sure RF had been on, and it was. We also had 5 pallies in the raid, so all of the healers had Salvation.

Has anyone had similar problems, or have any insight into what may have cause this problem? Thank you for your time.
_________________
Atreidies
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:24 pm
For some reason these mobs gain zero threat from Holy damage, not your fault, tank an entire side yourself and stick a druid on Defenders.
_________________

Dorvan
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:45 pm
Check out the strat forums, specifically the BT strat forum where i'm moving this Smile
_________________
Thelawyn
Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:56 am
Ah, thanks for the reply Very Happy and sorry, i must have totally spaced out over the strategies section. Smile
_________________
Aetherial
Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:24 am
Yeah, we easily own a side compared to druids and warriors... in my guild we have me on one side, a warrior on the other, and a druid picking up the Defenders. Seems to work well.
_________________
[img]http://www.wowsigs.com/sigs/24300/Earthen Ring/Aetherial.jpg[/img]
Stroja
Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:46 am
These guys seemed to like me quite a lot last night just after running through consecrate. Has their wonkiness perhaps been fixed?