Skip to content
Maintankadin

Teron Gorefiend

Worldie
Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:05 pm
Anyone got a link for that simulator of Teron? I cannot menage to find it.
_________________

Worldie
Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:37 pm
thanks Smile
_________________

Lockdown
Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:21 am
Hey, I´m a silent reader for quite a while here now. I wonder if anyone could give me short advice/tips for tanking teron gorfiend. It´s a progression kill for my raid and I´m considering to ask my ClassOp to give it a try with a paladin tank to lessen parrystreak and threat issues.

What consumables would be advisable? I want to use a flask of blinding light, oil ofc and +30 stamina food which would giive me 500 Spelldmg.
Will that be enough to generate enough threat?

Does the incoming dmg allow me to chainchug Ironshields or do I have to use mana pots to maximize my threat?

Also should I use double Stamina trinkets and the ZA boots or stack some dodge with boots of elusion and moroes?

I can easily hit 16,7k HP if I switch trinket, boots. For more dodge rating (25%) I would have to sacrifice a 1k HP loss down to 15,6k

The gear I´m wearing right now on the armory would be my suggestion, but I don´t know whats more important to stack for this boss (the last 25man I tanked was Morogrim): Avoidance or HP?

Probably the most important question is: Should I risk using SoV and keep the Libram of Repentance or stick to SoR with the Libram of Divine Purpose and put on some block rating gear to stay uncrushable?

I would be glad for any advice. Armory link should be in my sig. Thanks.
_________________
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gul%27dan&n=Nynaeve
YoYoMa
Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:34 am
I've always gone for max spell damage on him to give our dps as much of a ceiling as possible. I go with about 550 unbuffed spell damage, judge crusader, and chug destruction pots. In that gear i'm sitting at about (all unbuffed numbers) 18k armor, 15.5k hp, and around 20 dodge, 17 parry.

For consumables I use blinding light for the flask, wizard oil, +30 stam food. And like I said, I judge crusader, and time my destro pots with wings. I'm always too scared to effectively use SoV so I still use my SoR rotation but with all that going I can do a fair amount of TPS.

Healers never complained about keeping me up and I never felt like I was undergearing the encounter from a damage mit/avoidance standpoint. Oh and I just read your last comment, if staying uncrushable is a concern, you definitely need to. He already hits fairly hard, and I believe crushings hit for around 13k so avoid that at all costs Smile
Lockdown
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Well, I tanked him last night an the 1st try I got a nice thread lead with those destro pots but then I died to 3 sonsecutive hits (Warlocks had like 140k Threat an me 170 the time I died).

Next tries after talking to a healer who complained about the incoming dmg (maybe it was the same amount as the warrior got, but you know, when a paladin is tanking people get kinda "oversensitive") I switched to Ironshields and more mitigation and got easily catched even by the mages´ threat.

I told the raidleader to exchange me for the warrior again, because the entire point of generating massive threat in order to kill him very fast was pretty much screwed up at this point.

Personally I think it would´ve been manageable to heal me through and I´m not quite sure if taking the warrior again was the better choice (they wiped 8-9 more times) but imo when generating the same threat a warrior is the better tank.

Well, any tips for a second try or leave it at that?

PS: I gave SoV a shot the 1st try to use SoR/SoV together the first Wings/Destro phase.... but after not stacking one debuff for unbelievable 15-20 seconds I told myself how very very very much I hate that fucking seal and will NEVER ever use it again -.-
_________________
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gul%27dan&n=Nynaeve
Yadard
Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:00 am
Tanked him last night for our first ever kill. Was very smooth once everyone got the hang of killing ghosts and we did not have a healer marked every damn time. I used Ironshield pots rather than Destruction pots, and had a Shammy dropping +Spell Damage and Mitigation totems. First time I've MT'd on a proper progression kill, so I was pretty pumped.
_________________


Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
ehly
Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:08 am
It should have been doable. Both myself and the top warrior in my guild has tanked him. This sunday was actually my first time. Looking at current armory I only have about ~100 more stamina&spell damage, than you in my boss set. I did have a bad parry chain at ~20% on him, which sucked badly Sad

I did ask the healers, as I am a bit self conscious. They felt it wasn't a lot different. Some dps was much happier though. Several people like the ret pally are threat capped in this fight normally. For my goes only one destro lock ever could keep up near my threat. On WWS there were all pushing 1200-1700 dps.

I think you should be capable of doing Teron. Suppose it just depends on your raids comfort level.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Amarant_Pally
Tue May 06, 2008 3:49 pm
On our 2nd week on this guy (killed him previous week), our regular MT was feeling a little burn-out and asked me if I wanted to tank. I jumped on the oppurtunity quite fast!

1st attempt, we wiped due to constructs.

2nd we wiped due to constructs...or so I thought! I got a few whispers from the healers in the raid, saying that I got hit "too hard, and should let <the Warrior> tank". What's even crappier is the try immediately after my 2nd time tanking, the Warrior tanks...everyone does 100% on constructs, and he dies, further giving the impression that I can't feasibly tank him.

Now, really, given similar gear (around 26% dodge each, similar parry, similar armor) between a Warrior and a Paladin, does a Paladin get hit "too much?" (neither of us were using Iron-pots, btw).

Edit: Typoes!
Worldie
Tue May 06, 2008 5:06 pm
That's exactly same thing happened to me on very first time i tried it, our ex MT wasn't there, so i had the first goes on him, but we repeatly wiped due to constructs.
Then he come to raid the day after and we kill.

I had to get WWS out to show that i actually took -less- damage than him to healers. They just always complain about you having a mana bar, get used to it.
_________________

Worldie
Wed May 07, 2008 2:39 am
Any war/paladin worth his spot in a t6 guild should already be abusing of Ironshields or at least Stoneshields (2500 and 2000 armor) on any non-overgeared fight anyway.
_________________