Skip to content
Maintankadin

Teron Gorefiend

Enkal
Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:05 am
And very very easy imho (the constructs that is)!
_________________
Candiru
Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:11 am
Does anyone know what happens if you use Divine Intervention on someone who is cursed to die? Do they get the debuff removed / constructs spawn straight away or what?

Might be handy if you know someone can't do the minigame to save their life and you are just keeping JoW up and dispelling.
_________________
Worldie
Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:12 am
nothing happens, he still dies even with DI up
_________________

Duzzit
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:36 am
slightly off topic, but I have to say this. YOU WILL SHOW THE PROPER RESPECT!. (no idea why it just sounds cool)
_________________
Worldie
Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:53 am

_________________

Magnusharkov
Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:48 am
I have a quick question on Gorefiend. Assuming there is the option of a tankadin and a warrior who both have similar gear levels and similar threat is there any pressing reason to use a tankadin on him? If I wanted I could get myself as MT for him when we start working on gorefiend but I get the feeling it would be better for the raid if I put on healer gear, swing a nightfall and keep cleansing.
_________________
Worldie
Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:45 am
Actually depends. If you have DPS problems, let the paladin tank and the warrior DPS.
If people are dying from Incinerates, let the warrior tank and the paladin cleanse.
_________________

Lieris
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:44 am
Does anyone else find they take significantly less damage on this fight than warriors? I take less than our warrior MT and a friend linked a WWS of his MT tanking this yesterday (they're working on Brutallus) and again there's a gulf in difference. Is parry haste really that punishing on this fight? Confused I even find that I have to use mana potions instead of iron shields to keep up a max rank threat rotation.

Paladin threat here is so good you'll get complements on vent and I've noticed people don't even need to use their threat dumps.

Sample WWS from last night: http://wowwebstats.com/cd4cx22ohgo6w?s=11601-11874&a=22#abilities
_________________
Afraithe
Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 am
Um, get back when u have some DPS that can break 2k.

DPS scales so much better than our TPS in the long run.

Example of Warlock explaining why he aggroed on VT:
"Well It might have something to do with me critting 7x9000 in under 10 seconds."

We actually had our Warlock OVERAGGRO on Kalecgos demon form... hats off for that.
_________________
Worldie
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:15 am
I bow to the lock that overaggroed Kalecgos, that's really huge Oo
_________________

Dorvan
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 am
In all honesty, at least from a progression/recent farm perspective, there's not a huge difference between Pallies and Warriors on this fight....they're pretty much interchangeable as tanks here.
_________________