Skip to content
Maintankadin

Does a Tankadin make a big difference in BT?

Vanifae
Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am
Thus far I am enjoying BT I maintanked Gorefiend last night and I had a blast.

I am fine being a tank, I don't have to have a special purpose to be there. My only purpose to be there is to tank and support the raid.
_________________
Lekadin
Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:14 am
To think we can't tank here is silly.

Naj'entus - I tank, the duid goes feral, and the warrior swings a nightfall (this goes for all paladin tanking, really)

Supremus - All me, all ranged snap aggro, all the time

Akama - Adds are easy for us here.

Teron - More threat, earlier, faster, better, means more DPS. Which is good. They avoid this guy as much as possible whenever I'm not around.

RoS - p3 is again our playground here. I even tanked p2 once and we just interrupted the deadens, when we didn't have a warrior.

Bloodboil - I usually go in first, and hold him for a rediculous amount of time before giving to th offtank. Bubble rocks.

Mother - Offtanking is rather dull here. I just keep up judgements and occasionally self heal.

Council - Rogue time. Although, it's a pain in the ass when you shield toss the guy when he pops, and in midair, he gain blessing of spell warding. Wtf?

Illidan - We progression killed this guy last week, and this guy really is a Paladin's playground. Our snap aggro ability really shines here. He wipes threat like 40 times in the fight, and our ability to just grab 10k threat out of all the gates lets DPS really go into him. Making this fight much shorter by having more DPS pour in is a blessing, since the longer it goes, the more likely somebody is gonna get a case of the stupids and kill three people. Not to mention we block a lot more damage here than a warrior ever could.

All in all, we're good tanks, and BT is a good instance to show it in. Just gotta have a Tankadin who knows what they're doing, and a guild that will allow you to do it.
_________________
nicolax
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:51 am
the 2 players above me speaks the truth.

and not only are some of the bosses easier to tank for a paladin but the trash as well. i raid lead, and since i'm the main tank i give the tempo on trash clearing (give the master looter to an officer if you RL, you won't have time to lose on looting).

Equip your threat gear set, mark mobs on the fly and push forward without giving dpsers/healers time to breathe Smile Having a tank able to aoe packs of mobs + being the tank of the first target to be killed, makes it very easy and very fast. Dpsers never have to hold back

Naj'entus, trash + boss : 20 minutes or so
Supremus, all trash + boss : 25-30 min
Mother Shahraz : very fast, run, aoe the packs, chain-pull...
And there are lots of mobs you can aoe when going to Gurtogg, Gorefiend...

You will see the other tanks crying more than once, if you begin your pulls with avenger's shield and consecration. their target will focus on you instead of them if they don't taunt Laughing
_________________
Worldie
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 am
Actually having a paladin as "main tank", or well, let's say just leading tank during trash clean up can really speed up things, due to the fact we can ignore sheeps on most packs and mindlessly aoetank and zerg.
Ye ok trashs aint bosses, but clearing trashs in 10 minutes instead of 40 makes difference.
_________________