Skip to content
Maintankadin

Flames of Azzinoth tanking gear

Knaughty
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:11 pm
If you have 480 defence, you're getting crit, you're just not noticing, coz you're getting lucky and resisting them all.

If you've been doing it for months, your guild also overgears the encounter, making it easier to cover a 10k spike.

But you wouldn't tank any other boss with 480 defence, why tank these ones?

I didn't bother to save the log, but mine clearly showed something like this:

Flame crits you for >15k, <2k resisted

On a progression kill, a >13k spike is going to kill the flame tank, and it's the tank's fault, not the healers.

I don't understand why people are having trouble getting uncrit. I did it with almost no Hyjal/BT gear equipped, and no chromatic resistance flask. Get a resilience piece! I have 209 lifetime PvP kills. Check my armory if you don't believe me. I didn't have the T-5 attunement ring either.

All I did to hit the cap was get the Signet of Eternal Life from ZA. You could also do it by getting a Timelapse Shard from exalted CoTime rep.
_________________
Jensaarai
Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:36 pm
It's easy as hell to get capped FR and close to uncrittable with a good amount of HP.

4 piece badge / torn heart / mag ring

364 FR, uncrittable with libram proc (or a few fractions of a percent off), and 20k+ HP.

You just gotta try hard enough and think outside the box ^_- resilience is your friend.
_________________
Morganim
Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:11 pm
I have never been uncrittable except for our first attempt and never died from pure flame damage. 1 beam hit and a couple of flame enrages in a few months.

When i was gearing up i got fr capped and got uncrittable, this meant wearing a pvp belt (resiliance), using my old kara shield (had za + bt trash ones so no defense) blue + defense trinket etc etc. my threat was so-so.

I decided fuck that, put on all my FR gear, then the rest of my gear maxing stam and +dmg ie mh mace, bt shield, 2 stam cards etc had about 440ish defense and 15 res to chest and za timed ring. so was a good .5% off uncrittable. Much better tps which allowed dps to go balls to walls from the start + a lot more hp.

Yes ive been crit, but never have they been noticable.
_________________
Sielanas
Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 am
Silly question, but I can't find the answer. The flames, when they hit, I understand the resistance, I know it can be dodged. Can it be parried? I'm trying to pump up my gear with every bit I can, and choosing between pieces, wondering if having any parry is really worth it.

And am I wrong for thinking of using the 20sta/res glyph from SSO? I'm getting close on FR, but haven't done a full TankPoints check to see how close I am.
Worldie
Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:45 am
Ye you can parry em.
_________________

Sielanas
Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:49 am
Ok, I'm sitting at 325 FR, .88% crittable. Do I go for the FR glyph, flame armor kits, or more resist gems? I know I need a FR cloak still, so that will ease it in the future. I've got a fair amount of gem slots that I might be filling with green +def gems for the time being.
_________________
http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?n=Sielanas&r=Dark%20Iron
Annarchy. Rock the Pink!
Devilheals
Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:59 pm
Theres no way I would give up a nethercleft kit to use the libram. Go get the wyrmcultists cloak(takes 15 minutes to do the quest) with 15 fr enchant and then a fire armor kit on your gloves or feet and resi on your chest. You'll be capped fr and just barely crittable.
_________________