Skip to content
Maintankadin

Illidan Stormrage

Rorshach
Sat May 17, 2008 3:50 am
I successfully progression tanked our first Illidan kill on our 4th night of tries with the Faceguard of Determination (badge helm only slighty better than T4 helm), Hammer of Judgement, Kaz'rogals shield, Akama bracers and T6 gloves. Everything else was TK/SSC loot.

Luckily I was the tank all along on the fight even though our warrior had slightly better gear but he actually realizes the difference in our block charges (same reason I tank Teron over him) and knew that I was the better choice.

Plus at the time due to my FR gear taking over all the T6 equivalent gear I had I couldn't threat worth crap on the flames so that was out of the question.

So, in further agreement with everyone above, yes your warrior is an imbecile. Don't tell him that though, it's our secret!
_________________

Encore of Illidan
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Spokish
Sun May 18, 2008 3:56 pm
I'm sorry i didn't get it all. The paladin can avoid shear ? How does it work ? once you have 101.8% esq/par/bloc Illidan doesn't cast shear or you just simply are not affected by it ?
Worldie
Sun May 18, 2008 6:33 pm
Shear does not apply the debuff if it's parryed, dodged or blocked.

So as long as a Paladin can get 101.8% parry+dodge+block any Shear casted by Illidan won't affect you.
That's exactly like it works for any other classes, just warriors have it easy mode due to 75% free block.
_________________

Spokish
Sun May 18, 2008 11:37 pm
Thanks for your answer. But you got me confuse a little more ;D

Levantine
Sun May 18, 2008 11:48 pm
Holy Shield
8 Charges
10 Seconds

Shield Block
2 Charges
5 Seconds


We don't have to monitor when we use ours (anywhere near as much), and thus we take a crapton less damage overall.
_________________
Caelestrasz
Rinforza - 70 Holy Priest
Levie - 21 Ret Paladin

Morokute nigai kajitsu no you ni
Hito no kokoro wo miryou suru no
Tekkel
Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 am
Well I tanked him last night when the warrior was awol and I can feel the miss of some items. No bracers and belt from BT prevents me from actually equipping a stamina trinket and had to downgrade a few pieces to reach the 101.8 marker.
Was only running 61% avoidance and 21k armor with scrolls and armor pots and it fellt squishy. A mere 20k hp because I lacked commanding shout and warriors not doing much thunderclap meant a streak of 2 mainhand hits and 1 offhand would kill me without healing. the ardent defender raidwide warning is pretty fun though. It actually procced once on the start of the fight when I took a few hits in a row and the healing wasn't there yet. Took a total of 2 shears that landed when I was actually moving him away from a patch. Maybe he ate all my HS charges but I can't really remember since I survived it and didn't check logs after Smile
At least I ate less shears on a whole evening then our MT and survived them.
Offcourse I had to hear I was harder to heal because I took a few bad streaks with 2 mainhands and 1 offhand hitting in a row but being a bit worse geared, lacking the improved imp, commanding shout and thunderclap probably makes up that difference.

Overall spend most of the night wiping in p2 with a new flame tank and p4's weren't going the way they should because a bunch of dps was allready inspecting the floor by then.

Overall nice to feel that u can tank Illidan and proving people in the guild that u don't need a warrior for it Smile
Tekkel
Tue May 20, 2008 7:24 am
And down Smile
Rhinehard
Tue May 20, 2008 10:20 am
I also tanked Illidan for our first kill on 5/18.

I had issues with shears our first two nights simply cause I didnt have the gear I needed to hit 102% avoidance. I acquired several upgrades and only had 1 issue with a shear due to missing my rotations once.

All in all, not hard at all from a main tank perspective. I used stoneshields, seeds, and my trinket for the HP buff.