Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Illidan Stormrage - A guide for protection Paladins

Elsie
Fri May 23, 2008 1:49 am
Since you added hunter debuff you might as well add Insect Swarm from druids. My resto druid actually has it.
Worldie
Fri May 23, 2008 2:06 am
good point, added.
_________________

fuzzygeek
Fri May 23, 2008 8:54 am
Reported for sticky?
_________________
Worldie
Fri May 23, 2008 11:37 am
I wouldn't have dared to stick a my own post <.<

And well, you'd be surprised of the amount of times i get distracted by something and get Sheared :<

My usual message on vent is "ok, i failed, save me"
_________________

Eneroth
Sat May 24, 2008 5:01 pm
All I can say is... /bow

That was a great movie and the way you held Illidan was great. Thank you very much for giving out this information. Now if only I could convince the RL, who in turn is the MT, to let me try.
_________________
blish
Sun May 25, 2008 6:03 am
Huge thanks to Worldie, first night on Illidan and wtf pawned him, great guide and thanks again, now to read ur Sunwell ones.

tbh i thought he would have been hard but guess not.
Worldie
Sun May 25, 2008 6:44 am
Nothing is hard as long as you are prepared for it.

I'd make a "guide" for sunwell, but well we're still on Brutallus and i don't tank him, so might need a bit yet <.<
_________________

Fangwui
Mon May 26, 2008 11:44 am
thanks for the guide. tanked him for a progression kill.
Tekkel
Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 am
Aye it's a good guide. Pretty much figured all the stuff out from the 26 page post but this is so much easier. Tanked it again today and went down on the 3rd try. Had 3 disconnects on p4's which was quite shit but managed.

Has anyone else ever gotten agonizing flames while tanking him? I ended up dead in p5 last night when he enraged, had the flames debuff on me and also casted parasites. Nothing helped anymore.

Oh and we got our first legendary on our 2nd ever kill Smile
Worldie
Tue May 27, 2008 3:52 am
Yes you can get agonizing flames.
I'd recommend bubbling as soon as Demon phase starts.
_________________

Afraithe
Tue May 27, 2008 4:28 am
Moroes trinket is the most overpowered item in this game.
_________________
Spokish
Thu May 29, 2008 8:30 am
Excellent guide thank you for your work !
I still have a question for you. Can i go tank illidan without redoubt and shield specialization talents ?

I went for something like this
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=0000000000000000000050305030500001425215510520500000000000000000


Do i need to respec with these talents ?
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=0000000000000000000005305033500001025215510520500000000000000000