Skip to content
Maintankadin

Illidari Council

Deimosfobos
Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:04 am
taking the rogue in this encounter is one of the easiest tanking jobs there is on the game.

You tank him 20 seconds, he vanishes, you go around patch healing people or just watch tv for 27 seconds, within 3 sec you get ready for him (stand between the raid and his tanking place, at 0 sec he apears, you have about 2-3 seconds to catch him standing still in his place... repeat untill encounter is beaten...
JLBate
Fri May 02, 2008 7:01 pm
I dont think this has been mentioned before. Seal of justice stuns him too for even more LOLAFK.

personal experience:

Using the target and cast avenger's shield macro, judge, and holy shield will pick him up and keep him on you the whole time and works great! I stopped swapping my my caster mace with suneater and just stuck with sun eater and had no problems. He spawns REAL close to where he vanishes, but make sure you stand in a remote location so AOE is isolated.
_________________
Eneroth
Thu May 08, 2008 8:18 pm
Worked on the Counsil today for a few tries and I was on the rogue. Let me say he is very easy to tank. I have a very simple macro of /target & /cast avenger's. I am able to grab him before he targets anyone, and on the off chance I miss with the shield throw then I have a hunter who is backing me up. This is by far the easiest mob to tank as well, he also hits like a wuss.
_________________
Jappobra
Sun May 18, 2008 1:44 pm
These are the amcro's I use. First cast the avenger's shield, in case it misses and he runs for someone, the taunt macro. And else I still have a judgement macro...

Worldie
Sun May 18, 2008 3:13 pm
Council i'd recommend doing with 9 healers while learning.

And, if you run with bear-pala-war, stick bear to rogue and paladin to priest.
Bears can pick him up without issues if he got BoSW or BoP, and eventually combat ress or innervate during vanishes. As paladin on the priest, since people shouldn't be dpsing it, you can as well tank with some healing gear on and help healing after you've build some aggro.

About the paladin's tank, it's relatively normal that he spikes. AoE+melee, or simply SoC proc can hurt.
_________________

Enkal
Sun May 18, 2008 10:14 pm
Ok, so tonight we'll hopefull get our first tries on the Council. I've been set to tank the priest (feral on Veras).

What pointers can you ppl give me? Do I have to work hard on threat or do I just try to keep over healer aggro? Any advice welcome!
_________________
Arianne
Mon May 19, 2008 1:07 am
It seems to me like it'd be better to have the feral on the priest since he can interrupt/stun with feral charge and bash rather than having an additional person on the priest to interrupt.
_________________
~Lightbringer~
Arianne - 70 Paladin - Protection
Sayvil - 70 Priest - Holy
Enkal
Mon May 19, 2008 1:15 am
I'll have 2 rogues, 1 shaman and 1 mage to help with interrupts. They share their health right? So any damage we do on the priest will help?

Does she crush? Or can I gear for spelldamage?
_________________
Worldie
Mon May 19, 2008 1:30 am
It's not recommended to DPS the priest since she will be 90% of the time either blessed or shielded, and her shield will cause the DPS to nearly suicide. We use only the tank mage + 1/2 rogue as interrupter, the rogues don't really DPS her, they just stand there and kick if needed.

She does crush, but she melees for barely 2k and she just chaincasts Empowered Smites, the real melees are fairly rare.

Gear for HP, that's all you need in that fight tbh.
_________________