Skip to content
Maintankadin

Bloodboil Offtanking

Splug
Sat May 10, 2008 12:45 pm
Hrm, evidently I should check post dates before making comments! I saw a resurrected thread in general the other day talking about how useless BM hunters were and that marksman was the raiding build of choice. Then I noticed that post was in like... November or something.

Back to my original plan that I keep not sticking to: shut up and stop questioning people with more experience in the class than me. EDIT: It's been less than 5 minutes and I already know I can't keep my trap shut.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
tankinpally
Sun May 11, 2008 7:04 am
For BB we do it a little diff

I start off and get MD to me

I then go all out pumping out threat during the first phase one. The other 2 tanks ( druid and warrior) catch cleaves for rage and dump as much threat as they can. When phase one ends i bubble off all my debuffs, reposition and pick him up when the second phase one begins. Same thing till phase 1 ends again. I bob to get topped ( does not removes debuffs.) Pick him up in the 3rd phase 3, my rotations slow down now, I pop my dodge trinket, and will either or the 3rd phase will end. The point of this is that by the time the 3rd phase one is over our dps was able to pour more dmg into BB cause have 2 war tanks a druid dps where complaining about being threat capped. By this point where i will die mostly, the feral druid has caught me easily in threat, and BB usually dies during the 4th phase 1.

may seem a bit retarded but i have fun. Tho I hope as the other wars get more gear i wont need to do this anymore cause dieing sucks balls

I manage to hold onto threat thru the kicks, he may turn to the druid for a sec then when i tank right back onto me.
Zaephod
Mon May 12, 2008 1:29 pm
I'll have to agree with tankinpally above me, that is a little different. Very Happy Ours is too, but we're much newer at it.

Like usual, I start off with a Misdirect. Our dps essentially auto-attacks for the entirety of the first phase 1. I go full out to 20K threat then stop everything except Holy Shield Rank 1. The other tanks are doing as much threat as they can. Once another tank takes aggro, he stops attacking, and I move to > 10 yds while the 3rd tank passes me. Usually Fel Rage hits about then.

Once the third tank gets aggro and my debuffs fade, I get a Misdirect and the process starts again.

Essentially it's go full out until you get aggro, then stop attacking. Also make sure Retribution Aura and Blessing of Santuary are off for this (aka while I have aggro).

It's not the fastest way in the world, but it works.
_________________
Jappobra
Sun May 18, 2008 4:31 am
My first attempt on him was a complete failure, went OOM really fast was drinking mana pots every CD and in the end my threat build-up was too low compared to the DPS. So I got exchanged.

Next week I could come again, tanked him okey. I ate a couple of cleaves just to get more mana (and Holy SHield rank 1 threat). Afther 4 stacks the warrior got knocked back and I got aggro. It was impossible to get rid of it, even while using nothing but Holy Shield rank 1.

Ofcourse the healers did not mind, neither did I, a fast bubble in P2 and I was set to go. I nearly tanked the entiere next phase, and guess what P2 I was felraged <3 ...

All went really smooth, guess the trick is to eat up a cleave or two to get some threat and mana back, a MD might be helpfull as well, we did it without though. In case the MT get's to much agro just BoP him. Should do the trick
_________________
Worldie
Sun May 18, 2008 5:24 am
Eating cleaves is good, eating dots is even better.
_________________

Catriona
Sun May 18, 2008 5:40 am

Nomnom?
_________________
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Worldie
Sun May 18, 2008 5:50 am
Now that was a unfair hit.
_________________

Dragonlgnd
Mon May 19, 2008 11:54 am
I read a post about this boss and it mentions for prot pallies to use exorcism to catch up on threat. I know he can't be considered undead, is he a demon? ( I'm surprised by this, but I guess he could be)
Worldie
Mon May 19, 2008 12:08 pm
Mh no, whoever said that? He's Humanoid.
_________________