Skip to content
Maintankadin

Black Temple - High Warlord Naj'entus

Worldie
Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:31 am
Well a DPS warrior high enough to be highest in melee range doesn't seemb strange to me.
_________________

Splug
Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:07 am
Good prot warriors in comparable gear, yes.

Good prot warriors in t4/5 next to a fury warrior with a warglaive and t6? I don't see how. Devastate cranks some additional threat, but unless he dropped salv (which is possible, probably even likely) I don't see him being close on threat. And we know Morteunious' damage output in damage gear was right next to mine while tanking, it's just the threat that's considered here.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Worldie
Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 am
Our MT confirmed yesterday that hes Taunt got Immune message anyway.
_________________

Splug
Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:16 am
Yeah, I'd forgotten to take salv into account. I'm pretty sure our paladins didn't flip pallypower for one fight, since Mort's threat hasn't been enough to steal the boss from me before. So it may be that he just never had it, and that would explain the gap between threat position and dps position. We didn't have time for BT last night, so I didn't get to test the taunt theory. Somehow, the unsalved low-dps warrior theory seems a bit more sound.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Frank
Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:55 am
Noob Question here....

Is it a bad idea to have a druid tank this boss?

Last night our druid kept dying during out first attempts at this boss and everyone was getting upset that he was taking so many "crushings"

I had dutifully strapped on the healing gear for this one and kept getting asked repeatedly why I insisted on healing instead of tanking. My tanking gear is better and when all things are equal I usually MT the bosses. My reply was the boss doesn't hit that hard so we don't need our best geared tank in there and that I'm a better baseline healer than our druid would be if he were healing instead.

My understanding of druids is that crushings are not that big a deal due to their high armor and dodge, especially when those crushes are only 7K. However if this is wrong I'll have him wear the healing gear and I'll tank it next time.
_________________
Worldie
Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 am
It's a very bad idea unless u got only ferals in raid. The feral should go dps while prot should tank on this fight.
_________________

Worldie
Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:24 pm
No, my thought was that his contribute as DPS is better than your one, unless you have too many melees or lack of healing, in which case him tanking is the best choice.
_________________