Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mother Shahraz

Dragonzbane
Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:35 am
So I have the neck and cape now.
I think I'll get the boots and throw a kit on them and maybe either the bracers or belt.
_________________
strydaris
Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:55 pm
What strats do you all use for Mother?

We use a start sorta like this...

G1---------------MT (MoSh) (Melee)------------G2

And she is in the middle of the path. We can kill her this way buts its a bit of a pain with a bad port on the MT and OTs. Does the tank under the wall strat really work to prevent ports on top of the MT /OTs?
_________________
http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&n=Strydaris
Io.Draco
Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:51 am
A group to the west of her , one to the east , one just 20 yards in front of her
_________________
Afraithe
Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:56 am
3 groups.

1 grp is me and the other offtank, playing chess while the battle is going on.
2 grp is melee, watches moms ass the whole fight I guess u could say.
3 grp is everyone else.
_________________
Questioner
Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:03 am
I can give you more on the wall strategy tonight. She is first up to die tonight.

To be clear, there was nobody ported by the tank on our first kill. We had one person run down the hall, one run up the hall, and the third run to the waterfall. The clearest advantage to this strategy is that you don't have to worry about multiple different groups of people...just the raid and the two others with the debuff. Combined with the mod EasyMother, which picks 1 of the three cases for you, Fatal Attraction was almost a non factor. It only killed those people that take 6 seconds to count to 3.

I'll be honest, I don't remember anyone getting ported by anyone else in the raid at all, but I was probably making a sandwich or clipping my toenails or something.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Dragonzbane
Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:57 am
Spent half a night doing Mother attempts last night.

Didn't use any SR gear for our OTs and we had no trouble as far as that part of the fight goes. If only our healers didn't decide to take the night off and people could had figured out how to run away from each other we'd have gotten her down.
_________________
Jarion
Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:54 pm
Don't know if this has been discussed before, but is it possible to tank shahraz without actualy hitting her?

Is it possible to generate enough threat through retribution aura, holy shield and consecrate to tank her? I know she hits very fast, so holy shield could generate a lot of threat.
_________________
Shelendil
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:04 pm
She no longer gets a haste increase from parries, so I'm not sure what the point would be. It might work. Dps is a little lower from wearing SR.
_________________
Dorvan
Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:33 am
Perhaps a dumb question, but can Sabre Lash crit? (i.e., do OTs need 490 def?)
_________________
Worldie
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:30 am
Saber Lash doesn't happen to crit. Neither me nor other ots ever had capped crit immunity nor got any crit from it (and even if, we would survive)
_________________

Devilheals
Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 pm
No Boss special abilities can crit as far as I know.
_________________