Skip to content
Maintankadin

Flames of Azzinoth

Worldie
Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:07 pm
My FR set (althought i never used it) looks quite like yours, but i use the FR ring from TK prequest and... T4 shoulders with +7 all resist enchant and 2x Void SPhere in it :>
_________________

Pillze
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:47 pm
Just curious, what do you guys do when the blue flames cross over each other how do you see where the blaze ends? After a bunch of attempts tonight my eyes hurt from all the colors.
_________________
Devilheals
Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:04 pm
If you can't see the blaze on the ground(you should be able too), go by the sound and the damage your taking. Also I wouldn't advise staying in double blues and waiting for a blaze to happen as that is a lot of damage that you most likely wont live through.

This is my FR gear http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/46013 If I dont have a chromatic flask I put a fire kit on my gloves and use a blue FR ring instead of the Band of Eternity and use a Fort flask. In both cases I am capped and uncritable.
_________________
Devilheals
Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:47 pm
Swap your cloak for a FR one and switch to the quest FR neck, that should allow you to use your goggles gaining some stam. You'll probably need to switch your chest enchant to resiliance maybe.(I haven't done the numbers, just some ideas)
_________________
Worldie
Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:51 pm
20k unmitigated and unresisted.

You can survive 1 pulse. You won't survive 2.
_________________

Sielanas
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:03 am
Got to tank it last night, didn't go so well. I didn't read the entire thread first, so now I feel kinda dumb. Little stuff mostly, but learning about the flame-to-totem not flame-to-flame will make it a lot easier and I can talk with the other flame tank and we can explain to the RL that he's wrong.

The comedy point is the one time I was gettting it right, had a good minute of movement, I got an eyebeam up my ass. RL is asking why didn't I move out of the way when I saw the trail, I had to explain that the trail started where my body was. 18,886 hit. I was afraid that my stats wouldn't pan out but raid-buffed everything worked. I was at 346 FR and .41% crittable, but through a hodge-podge of gear.
Dianora
Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:59 am

current issue with Flame Tanking

We have about 3 hours of attempts on Monday, with my internet connecting shot and other issue, we managed to at least kill 1 flame.

My current issue:

I simply cannot see where the edge of the Blaze is. I've maxed out resolution, maxed out everything, and still I cannot see it, therefore, I'm taking way more damage than necessary.

Is there a customized filter I can set in bold letter on whenever I get hit by Blaze in Mik's Scrolling Combat Text so I'll at least know when to back away?
_________________
Cyberwaste
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 am
I don't really think the blaze does enough damage by itself to kill you if you're FR capped. The problem lies in blazes stacking, because they can do that and if they do you'll probably be dead very quickly without extra heals.

I personally use scrolling combat text, and I can see when I'm taking blaze damage and thus when to back away. I also play with my sound effects on, so I can hear when I'm taking blaze damage as well.