Nobody in the guild had ever done it. We've just been doing ZA runs and 2 weeks ago went into TK for the first time ever. Took a bit of learning for A'lar but VR and Solarian were easy after that. Haven't tried Kael yet.
So this week we decided we'd go to Hyjal (completely skipped SSC)
Got there, took an hour just about to explain the whole fight, then one shotted Rage.
Anetheron was a bit harder, but we got him on the third time after we worked out some positioning issues with too many healers getting the swarm. I was just the infernal tank. Made a macro to /target Towering /cast Exorcism to pull them to me fast after landing.
I used all my spell damage gear just about (I even used Timbal's Focusing Crystal as one of my trinkets) I had about 700 spelldamage buffed and ~500block value. I can get over 700 block value in all my block gear but the trash didn't seem like it hit too hard so it just seemed like spell damage was the way to go. I was 10th overall dps for the entire raid.
We made a half assed attempt at Kaz'rogal but people were kinda burnt out by then. The only wave there that seems hard is the 8th but if you have thrall and all the tauren involved it seems trivial. Does the trash start to hit way harder later?
Oh, and I got my hammer
Gems starting to flow in now is gonna make everything way easier. We probably got 7 or 8 epics off trash alone, too.
_________________



