Skip to content
Maintankadin

any paladins MT archimonde?

Jarkeld
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:22 pm

any paladins MT archimonde?

there's some really old post on this in the general forums but I figured better to make a new one here.
Any pallies out there done this? looks like I might end up doing it since we only have one warrior tank with gear better than me, all the others are much worse.
Managing through the fears with a 2x FW trinket bubble rotation
Even if it wasn't a pregression kill it's okay, just wondering what kind of stats you did it with.
Oh, and my GM is anal about this sort of thing so we're killing archimonde before we step inside BT, so GG me on getting easy tanking upgrades from there.
_________________
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made mana people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Jarkeld
Afraithe
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:18 am
I tanked him on one of our early tries where the Warrior tank went AFK, It was actually one of our better tries. This was before the FW nerf/change though.

Tanking isn't the problem here, yes he hits rather hard, but nothing a few paladin healers can't handle, the problem in this fight is Doomfire, its not a DPS race, its a survival race.
_________________
Lore
Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:52 am
Healing is sensitive enough at the fears that if you don't break the fear quickly you'll have problems, however I think a fear ward/trinket rotation would probably suffice. If you can somehow get 4 fear wards (why does it have to be a Holy spell) then you shouldn't even need your trinket.
_________________
The danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing!
enbee
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:22 am
did it last week, 3 holy priests fearwarding, bubbling the 4th fear, I don't like tanking him though -_-. I actually hate the fight alltogether, randomness ftl.
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Jarkeld
Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:51 am
Hurrah, after spending 2 nights of tanking him fine and wiping on him our warrior MT(who is better geared from me cause he server transfered out of an already BT guild to join friends) decided to long on and they killed him while I was sitting outside the instance dancing with my guild's feral drood. Man I love 1 tank fights, don't you?
_________________
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made mana people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Jarkeld
Afraithe
Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:54 am
I tanked him yesterday on successful kill.

WWS logs:
http://wowwebstats.com/2ym5wp23pf22o?s=13025-13605

Compared to a warrior tanking kill:
http://wowwebstats.com/g1unhl64jebd5?s=5929-6444

I took quite a lot more damage than the Warrior did, I'm not sure why, our DPS was slightly lower, our fight was 9 minutes instead of 8 for the other kill, we had one very early death by one of the rogues, giving him the damage boost shard. We also had some extremely bad doomfires for melee around 50%, so I'm guessing they lost out on a lot of DPS for a minute or so there.

Looking at avoidance etc:
Me: 58.4%
Warrior: 59%

But, "mitigation" says:
Me: 6.0 %
Warrior: 5.8%

Avg hits damage:
Me: 6743
Warrior: 6873

All in all, it seems very equal in terms of mitigation, the Warrior probably has slightly better gear than me, but not any more, got 2 t6 drops from MH yesterday, total of 4 t6 now, and almost 29% dodge.

I'm a little surprise that concecration did most of my damage. I did turn off auto attack at around 20%.

Edit: I noticed something weird, I have something like 16-17% parry, but I only parried 8%? I think the Warrior has around 19-20% parrying, and he parried 18%.
_________________
Scarzi
Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:13 am
let a druid tank lol? ez mode k thanks.

druid would be around 500,000 damage taken...maybe less
_________________
Threat Bomb?

Galtea
Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:19 pm
I tanked him a couple days ago on our guild's first kill. We had used a warrior for the 1st attempt or two a week ago and me ever since.
Afraithe
Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:42 am
I tanked him again yesterday, we did whole MH without Warrior, just me and the Druid tank. Druid helps decurse on Archi and I tanked him with fearward rotation (we had 5 priests in raid), I didn't equip my pvp trinket, did not pop wings tho, in case I would get feared I could bubble it. I think we killed him on 3rd try, after a few ppl died from fall damage and doomfire, we had a few new ppl there to. The only thing that is a bit tough is just when they are feared, if you get a bad streak there it can be really bad, but we had at least 1 shaman with tremor totem healing me as well, and I always had my finger on the dodge trinket just as ppl get feared.
_________________
Jarkeld
Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:03 am
afraiteh, one of the things I actually found helpful for that was finding out the 2 healers closest to me, then just dispelling their fears to ensure I've got someone on me
_________________
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made mana people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Jarkeld