Skip to content
Maintankadin

Azgalor

Amran20
Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:01 pm

Azgalor

To any who might be approaching him, if you use bosskillers strats, don't use that one. My guild tried it twice, failed miserably, then switched to a strat Lore told me about, with Thrall on Azgalor, and melee dps on Doomguards (we had them tanked in the Tauren Camps, and then the melee left at 50% to go burn Azzy). It worked so much easier without the rogues getting RoF'd all to hell, and the Taurens are way better on the adds than Thrall could ever dream of being. Big thanks Lore, if I hadn't mentioned that strat, we'd have probably ran our heads into the wall. Make sure that as a tankadin, you tank doomguards. It's so easy with exorcism.

Onward to Archimonde (Antonidas Aegis, baby)!
_________________


If these numbers are low, I'm LOLRET.
Afraithe
Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:32 am
Our guild downed Azgalor twice this week, Tuesday (Guild first) and Wednesday right after reset.

We use a tactic similar to Bosskillers, but we have hunter pets on the Doomguards as well as Thrall and his NPCs (we try to save as many of them as possible during the trash waves). This DPS is enough to kill each Doomguard just as the next is spawning, if we are low on DPS (some NPCs died maybe) a hunter just turns around and burns the Doomguard down.

We heal our DPS through the RoF.

We had a lot of problems with him before we found a tactic that worked for us.
_________________
Amran20
Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:09 am
Well, yeah, we certainly try to heal our DPS through RoF, but there are those inconvenient silences and such. Thrall is such a durable form of DPS, and those 6 Tauren Warriors will last the whole fight tanking Doomguards (all I really had to do for the first 50-60% was pull with exo and let one of the 6 get aggro, then DPS it with SoV. Then after the rogues left, and the Doomguards didn't die as fast, and the Taurens got low on health, I started tanking them.

I'm really glad that we don't have any trash left though! IMO the trash before Kaz'rogal is the most annoying, Azgalor's ended up being fairly easy.
_________________


If these numbers are low, I'm LOLRET.
Rhî
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:17 am
Any Paladin tried to MT Azgalor yet?
Rhî
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:30 am
And what happened? Successful or a disaster? How was your strategy?
Rhî
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:52 am
Don't you think that the 'Howl of Azgalor'-Silence is a hard time for our threat and survibility?

I mean, our damage mitigation isn't as good as a warrior's and at the moment we have less HP. That's a bad combination. Add the silence where you can get no heal (not many), can't refresh Holy Shield and you have no Last Stand or Shieldwall.

Wouldn't we be dead?

And what happens to our tps with the Silence on us?
Eliane
Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 am
Threat was never much of a problem and we had a warrior intercept during the silence. We did the same with the warrior tank.

I dont remember any exact numbers but I know the warrior had higher tps, but we were still doing good dps with me as a tank.
_________________
enbee
Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:27 pm
I refused to tank him when asked, cba getting crushed and smashed if I'm unlucky, and looking bad Razz

We have 3 of our melee dps on doomguards, mostly dps warriors, and they go recklessness burn azgalor @ 20%, I tank doomguards at the tauren camp, azgalor is tanked near thrall


Also, RoF = 40yards, so basicly all your healers can outrange it
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Worldie
Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:34 pm
Wasnt azgalor one of those bosses that couldnt crush?
_________________

enbee
Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:36 pm
really... I guess thats why when we used a druid it went stupidly easy -_-
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!