Skip to content
Maintankadin

How painful is Kaz'rogal?

nicolax
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:53 pm
i tanked him for all of our guild kills, no problem, has always been a 1-shoot since the first kill.

use the bt neck, prayer of shadow protection, go all out at the start.
i blew up a few times on our first kills, causing some melee dps deaths but it doesn't happen anymore Smile threat is a non-issue, judge wisdom, use mana pots.

and yes you may want to get crushed sometimes to get some mana back Wink
_________________
Kellann
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:51 am
Enjoyed tanking this boss. We'd had our warrior take the job for the first kill, and it was a near-run thing (he's a bit more avoidance built while I'm a bit more EH).

The biggest difference was all the DPS being able to go balls-out, where they complained that the frequent warstomps were keeping the warrior threat unacceptably low (~80% of his normal)...I'd guess it's consecrate ticking regardless of stun coupled with the fact that he's a demon.

Admittedly I blew up once near the end, running with the 70SR from the priest buff only - but I think it's more that I didn't realize I was out of mana pots >.< Funny thing is my explosion didn't actually kill anyone, it was 2 other melee pallies that did the real damage! (one took me out during a stomp ~3%)
_________________
Kellann - Uther