Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hyjali trashs

Jensaarai
Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:24 pm
Yeah, my shield broke two weeks in a row during the middle of Azgalor trash, I had to get a repair bot mid-tanking Aboms and fix it...that was interesting to say the least...and just today we were about to start Kaz'rogal trash and the paladin who drops the bots asked me how my shield was doing and I was like..."oh hey...whatdya know, it's at 2%" Razz

whoops
_________________
Dorvan
Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:27 pm
Yeah, as I mentioned in the trash gear post, I've been extra careful to carry two shields at all times in Hyjal ever since the Tmie I ended up havign to tank the last half of Azgalor waves + Dommguards for Azgalor with the Kel'thuzad healing shield Razz
_________________
Aetherial
Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:02 pm
Yeah, I usually end up having to DI someone and go out to fix my shield right after Kaz'rogal.

4pc Tier 6 is ridiculous in Hyjal. Our AOE hates doing Hyjal on nights when I can't be there Smile

BTW, the Blessings Deck is amazing for Hyjal. 1 Consecrate will get you fully stacked on the buff, so you'll always have the +80 spelldamage. Your DPS will love you.
Worldie
Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:17 pm
Actually this week my shield menaged to survive.

Well i cheated, i used Illidari Runeshield for first 2 bosses, then switched to KazRogal's one <.<
_________________

Tekkel
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:43 am
Hmm weird, if we do a good run with 4 takedowns without wipes my shield doesn't seem to break. Maybe I got too many offtanks Smile
3 usually.
Lakirby
Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:52 am
Our first time in Hyjal last night, we went with 17 straight after our first ever Kael kill - managed to take almost half durability off my Aldori Legacy Defender on Rage Winterchill trash... I actually don't own a Nightbane or Jan'alai shield, gotta get my butt into Karazhan this week if I don't want to end up someday having to use my Triptych Shield of the Ancients for tanking!
_________________



<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 4/5 MH 5/9 BT
QuantumDelta
Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:10 am
My shield on a good clear tends to survive these days too, on a bad clear I can actually go through -> MGSW -> ALD -> NB SD Shield -> Chess Chest Healing Shield.
Depending on how long and how much of a wave I'm left tanking.

The worst mobs for your shield is the spiders by the way!
_________________
Drak
Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:05 am
Weird, I've never once had to change my shields in Hyjal. Even on nights where we one-shot everything we have 3-4 people who are engineers and carry repair bots with them all the time (me being one of them), so while I've gotten close to breaking my shield (10-20% durability remaining), I've never had to switch mid-fight. Though I still carry my Nightbane/Gruul shields with me just in case, heh.
_________________