Skip to content
Maintankadin

How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Worldie
Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 am
15k cleave O_O?

Was your shield broken or what.
_________________

Tekkel
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:45 am
Right I rechecked it. At 20:00'34.187 I got a 9.7k crushing during warstomp and at 20:00'34.406 I got a 9.3k cleave. The warstomp hit me at 33.23 for 2.3k. I had packed 18k raidbuffed hp for the boss and this bitch hit me for a total of 21,3k dmg within a second which is not resistable because u are stunned. I guess I need to pack more hp next go unless the cleave is shared damage.
Worldie
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:19 am
Definitively, or have another tank get the cleave since it seembs to be like Saber Lash.
_________________

Tekkel
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:41 am
Well it's not saberlash style it seems. Last night my brother tanked it and he told me he only got cleaved for 7k. Will have to check wws logs to be sure but at least he didn't get instagibbed by it like me.
Ofcourse healers were more prepared this time as it was a confirmation kill and not the progress try but a 2.5k difference in cleave damage..
Worldie
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:52 am
7k is the number i remind for that damage as well.

Maybe your armor is too low or you had broken pieces of gear? It happened to me more than once to get at Kazrogal with 2% on my shield and having the backup shield in hotbar.
_________________

Tekkel
Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:11 am
Nah I was pretty sure my gear wasn't broken. I only tanked 8 waves of mobs before kaz'rogal was engaged so wouldn't be even close to 10% on items.
Anyway I checked it more thorough and it seems that cleave might have been crushing because the avarage cleave on me in the logs is actually a bit over 7k. I just got unlucky with my hs probably going down by warstomp time and then got the 2 crushings in the second before I could reapply due to stun. Hopefully I get another try but unlike the other MT this warrior doesn't like it when I steal his job Smile
Worldie
Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:49 am
Cleaves cant crush.

Most likely u got cleave+melee (crushing) at same time, for about 15k damage.
_________________

Arianne
Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:14 pm
I tanked this on one of our last tries and I blew up a total of 11 times and killed 4 of the melee. I didn't put a shadow priest in my group and I didn't wear any SR. I probably had about 7k mana buffed. Not sure how the rest of you tank this :\

While I'm probably going to have a warrior tank this from now on, did I do something specifically wrong here?

http://wowwebstats.com/re5enwkrfjag3?s=7754-8063
_________________
~Lightbringer~
Arianne - 70 Paladin - Protection
Sayvil - 70 Priest - Holy
Worldie
Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:52 pm
Didnt check WWS but blowing up 11 times meant u got to mark 14+.

Your DPS failed hard, not your fault.

We can't really tank him if we get past mark 7.
_________________

fiorina
Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:52 pm
well we can, it's just annoying as fuck... have JoW, Shadowpriest or 2 in your group. Have potions ready, you can bubble/cancel bubble out of nasty mark etc.

heh, ofc it's his fault... just let warrior tank it and heal.
_________________
Fiorina / <Black Division> / EU-Drak'Thul
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Fiorina
kon
Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:28 pm
what exactly is the SR cloak everyone is talking about?
_________________
enbee
Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:19 am
Offtopic : Worldi you joined LR? I thought they weren't too big on the whole non holy paladin thing Surprised

Make sure to give phil all of the abuse he deserves.
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!