Skip to content
Maintankadin

Trash - Prioritizing stats

YoYoMa
Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:51 am
I think the answer is going to be what Worldie said, whatever suits your group best. I run in full spell damage gear and only hit about 450 BV and 19k stam buffed. But I like to grab aggro quick so AoE can start in faster. I tried a block value set too but AoE was pulling off me too much so I swapped back. I never have any issues and keep a heafty stock of FAPs for when I get multiple aboms.
kartera
Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:26 am
Has someone else the same problem? After 2 Bosses and mostly in the middle of the 3.Boss trash waves my shield popped up rdy to be repaired... This sucks >:
_________________
Morax
Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:17 am
My Shield broke during waves from Azgalor - luckily i had a second in my bag for fire resist gear Cool But i think it's almost normal ?!

Went 1st Time through Hyjal yesterday, 1-Shoted Rage, Anetheron, Kaz'goral with 1 Trash wipe. Stucked @ Trash before Azgalor Sad

Run with Raidbuffed / Potted ~20k | ~670 BV and arround 400 Spelldmg - was quite nice, until the "Insta-Gib-Wave" @ Azgalor Trash, but will try next time with NPCs in front
_________________

Seloei
Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:37 am
Even if you full repair and don't wipe once, your shield will be atleast yellow before you reach azgalor. Unless you only tank like 2-3 mobs per wave...

We throw up a repairbot when we reach the horde camp usually
_________________
Gerilith
Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:44 am
Abowaves = Illidan-Bulwark
rest = Illidari shield (Archimonde doesn't like me)

without wipes it works out <3
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
gwayne
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:09 am
Well we've just started on MH and I'm tanking all the trash waves. Ghouls, Aboms and Crypt Fiends all on me with lots of healing Smile Our arcane mage enjoys the 4k dps Razz

I run with:

~20k health raid buffed
~30% block
684 block value
~45% avoidance

Deaths only happen when the healers stop healing but my shield does break after 2 runs of the trash Razz
PS. I have no gear from Vashj, KT or MH/BT because we haven't killed them yet so I don't think I seriously out gear the instance.
_________________
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
Kaisendou
Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:27 pm
Eh, I can generally handle tanking 2 aboms + all the ghouls/necros.

Got a rude awakening trying to tank 4 aboms though... knockdown comboed to a 3 second death...

With a mix of badge/kara/t4 gear, you can aoe tank all of the trash in MH if you are gemmed/enchanted/geared/specced properly without any issues at all.

No need to stack anything, just balance yourself and you will be fine.

A decent setup would be something like.

15k Unbuffed HP.
102.4% uncrushable
490def Uncrittable
17k+ armor
400 Spell Damage

^This is what I was at when I first walked into MH and just started laying down the consecrates/holy wraths, and it felt extremely easy.. like.. kara easy.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:32 pm
I've dropped repair bots in the middle of waves when I don't notice my shield's dura's going down <_<

"hay why my HS no working ... mana iz ok ... o hai brokun sheld."

Good thing I have an "avoidance" hotkey that throws on Suneater/Bulwark ...
_________________
Jaedyn
Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:23 pm
O_o

Am I the only person who tanks this is my avoidance set?

I roll with 29% dodge, 18% parry and 11% miss, and about 375 BV with 19.9k health buffed and use a Flask of Blinding light for extra threat. I basically gobble everything besides an abom for each OT and one that a hunter pulls off on each wave.

The OT's and melee dps do shuttle runs kicking/silencing mobs and pulling them into concecrate for me to taunt off and the AOE to nuke.

We tend to not CC anything. I guess as worldie said, whatever works for you. Didn't realize I did things so different though =P

P.S. - I <3 my healers, manliest people on the server.
Arkellian
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm
I've found that picking your gear for the wave is best.

For example, max threat for the first 3 waves, max stamina for the next 2 waves, and max avoidance for the last 3 waves (depends on the boss though).

Really look over your gear, and never throw anything out. Recently I took 3 hours going through my bank mix-and-matching and surprised myself on the new combinations I found. Like gaining 400 stamina and 55 spell damage in my "new" threat set, made up of gear I already owned for a while.

Note that there are really only 2 ways to increase threat: add spell damage, or trade dodge / parry / miss for block rating.

I average about 5% durability a wave. Depends a lot on the OTs.
Nebuchadneza
Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:11 pm
I used a Petrified Lichen Guard with a Felsteel Shield Spike for all the waves leading up to Winterchill a few weeks back. Safer to use my normal ZA shield, but I was 4th or 5th on DPS by the time we got to the boss. Smile
Tome of Fiery Redemption is win.
We are really careful mixing Abominations with Ghouls etc though for obvious reasons, but we always have plenty of time to drink and make adjustments between waves.

I remember Lore saying a week back how he was envious of people going into Mt Hyjal for the first time with the 2.4 patch and I've never had so much fun or felt more valuable to my guild as I do right now.
_________________
Zahir
Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:34 pm
today killing azrogal for the first time, i was running with 630ish BV 18-19k HP buffed and wasn't really mana starved unless the fel stalkers burned me a ton...but that didn't happen a lot. 500ish spell dmg. Just gotta tell the locks not to go crazy with Seed of Corruption.

When i first came to hyjal i had around 450 BV, but when you think about it, you are only getting hit for 300-400 with 600ish BV which is very easy to heal through. I prefer higher BV now.

Wave 6 to azgalor sucks...
_________________