Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mount Hyjal - Rage Winterchill

Enkal
Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Had fun times at MH last night. Some attempts at shackles in my consecration and I used in total 8 FAP's for 3 bosses. We had to take 10 minute breaks after Winterchill and 2nd boss for reading tactics tho ^^

What I did was to run up, frisbee, move backwards and popping consecration when mobs where in range. I also asked a priest to bubble me when necromancers where in the wave.

Lots of chaos when gargoyles spawned at the back of the horde base but it got sorted soon enough. Smile

Oh and after 2nd boss we talked with Jaina for the mass teleport... well she cast her mass teleport... except that it was only her being ported lol, wipe at tons of mobs running in... if ppl hadnt paniced I might have done a "THIS IS SPARTA!" and popped my consecration at the entrance. Wink
_________________
Enkal
Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:56 am
Ahh, never thought about that with holy wrath and the necromancers. Interesting.

Btw, I accidently stole Winterchill off our MT... didnt see her run in, just saw the boss and popped exorcism, judged crusader and hammered away... frontload threat was so high that he was glued to me the rest of the fight. Embarassed Cool
_________________
Comandant
Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:33 am
So is Rage a fight where pally MT is advantageous?

We just went into Hyjal for the first time last night, and some noob started the event before we were even buffed because he talked to the npc to start it. We got through all the waves but died on Rage because we really didn't know what we were doing and learned just how big death and decay's range was. We did it again after the wipe and killed him. E-Z mode for our first night in Hyjal.

As for the trash, I feel like a tanking god Lolz.

And I'm still waiting for my baby-rattle to drop.
_________________


Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Worldie
Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:34 am
In theory we have a small advantage since we can build aggro at range if we get D&D on melee, but actually he hits for so few that i had to chain-chug mana pots and ask for innervates to not go oom, not even sitting helped much (uou 6k crit -.-)

Really, let a warrior tank this, at least they get rage by meleeing <.<
_________________

enbee
Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:02 am
I go stand in every single d&d on this fight
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Tekkel
Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:19 am
U build all but decent threat because he hardly hits u. Having 7 blocks on HS up before it runs out happened to me enough. I rather just let the warrior do it and spot heal iced people.
Splug
Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:19 pm
He has a mediocre attack speed, and the frost armor chill effect slows your attack speed. The low damage output means paladins are going to have mana issues, and the attack speed slow means warriors are looking at fewer HS's and poor rage build. In short, both tanks are kinda screwed in the threat building department, especially if they outgear the encounter. Regardless, Rage is not a very difficult fight. As long as you're not putting rogues or shaman in to tank him, it shouldn't be too bad.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Tekkel
Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:02 pm
So tried again today. Ran 750 spelldmg this time with 2% crushable and I managed a whole 950 avg tps according to my MT.
Never ran oom and maintained full cycles of HS, Conc, seal/judge righteous and exorcism and wrath when off CD.
Just don't get why omen says I do such crap threat except for the fact he doesn't eat up many hs charges.
Lakirby
Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:27 am
Note to self: Don't wear dodge gear tanking Rage.

Had to walk in D&D to get any mana back.
_________________



<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 4/5 MH 5/9 BT
Tekkel
Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:28 am
Hmm next time we get there I'm gonna tank it I'll be wearing my spelldmg tank set. 6% crushable but doubt it matters that much on this boss. The aim is 1200tps but I'm still doubting if it's doable in my early t6 content gear.