Skip to content
Maintankadin

BoK or BoSanctuary for heroic content

mangos
Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:09 am

BoK or BoSanctuary for heroic content

I thought BoSanctuary is the defining blessing for tankadins. However I saw many tankadins putting BoK on themselves in heroics runs. It surely make their hp/mana looks more impressive. But Bosanc reduces all sources of damage which improves a tank's effective health. So, is there a line on the gear level where BoK win over BoSanc once gear is good enough? or is it never and those tankadins are just stupid?
Lowgrus
Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:33 am
Just like with every class there is never one set thing you use. Everything in the game varies. I used to play a warlock eons ago it seems. And I used to think to myself why would I ever use anything other than an imp. For a long time I never got the quest completed even for the other summons. Man was I dumb.

Well same thing most of the time in an instance 5 man i just use king for more hp/mana since I need to take more damage anyways and my threat is good enough. I dont evne use devo aura any more. Now when I go into shatterd hallz, you better use blessing of sanctuary ( save for on bosses) I even use it on the last boss and AoE tank all the little things.

You'd be surprised but sometimes i even bless myself with wisdom for less down time. For starting out though I'd say use sanctuary and devo aura. But hey dont take my word for it. Heck for starting out I spec holy, get a ton of badges and pwn. just ezier that way.

You'd be surprised but when in 25 mans you may even put salv on.
Eltiana
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:32 am
BoSanc is overrated imo, except in AoE situations, such as SH like mentioned above. If you are geared enough to run heroics effectively though, BoK is usually better. Unless you're overgeared, then go for Wisdom Razz
_________________
Aloette
Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:54 pm
for content that I don't outgear (and thus likely to not run OOM) i use sanctuary (dont have kings).

for content that i outgear i use wisdom to reduce downtime
Aloette
Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 pm
overheals do not return mana through SA.
Gimorth
Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:20 am
An important thig to note, as well, is that BoS' damage reduction is applied before armor an talents. This is a very important distinction and contributes greatly to why Kings is preferred.

Let's greatly over-simplify it all...

Let's say you are standing there with 60% damage reduction from armor and 10K HP. A mob with a base hit of 10K is going to hit you for 4000 HP, leaving you with 6000 HP. (60%)

If you pop Blessing of sanctuary on you, the mob's base damage drops to 9920. After your armor reduction, he will hit you for 3968. A total of 32 damage less than he would have if you didn't have BoS on. This would leave you with 6032 HP. (60.32%)

However, let's give ourselves kings... Now, you have 11K HP. His swing hits you for 4K HP, leaving you with 7K HP. (63.63%) Not to mention the fact that kings will give you more armor (from Agility), more dodge (from agility), more BV (strengtg) and more mana- these are, of course, pretty negligible differences.

BoS only gets worse as your gear gets better, while Kings gets better.
turion350
Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:04 am
You know, i dont even have BoS on my hotbar. I forgot i even had it until bout 2 weeks ago when i was training a new pally tank. In my opinion, Kings is an auto buff, never have anything else on, how can you argue against a 10% increase in all stats? as pointed out, more hp, more armor=more mitigation. as for overgeared, what i do, i dont take gear off if i run 00m, that just means you need to take on an entire room:P
_________________
Turion of Baelgun
Lvl 70 Human